7 years ago
Dear All,

We apologize for the site downtime you've been experiencing around 8-9 pm CET on Dec 6. This has been the result of repeated hacking attacks. In fact, we are being attacked at the moment I'm writing this post.

This is denial-of-service attack (DoS attack), which means the system is flooded with requests (a request is basically a click on anything). In effect, it is like a million users on the site at the same time. I have no clue as to what interest may lie in these attempts.

We're working hard to halt these attacks and bring the site back to normal.

Thank you for your patience,
Peter
7 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #1
Balint has worked all night on this, and it seems we beat back the hacker(s)! Thank you, Balint! It turns out it was a ddos attack, which is even worse than a dos attack. It means distributed denial of service attack. Here 's a video of to give you an idea what it means. I'm sure they will try again. We're doing all we can to prevent further attacks or halt them as fast as possible.
7 years ago
Hi Peter & team,
Sorry to hear about this :-((( - Just like you, I just don't understand the purpose of being such a nuisance ???? ....I'm not smart enough to get it,.....Anyway, I won't lose my precious time thinking about that kind of people ....Thank you, dear Balint, for your hard work!!!
Best wishes to all,
Sylvie

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!