6 years ago
Have you noticed that the mile long URLs for worksheets have been shortened to a perfect size? Also new is the posting of the number of worksheets and powerpoints available at the top of every page- in bold. What else new have you noticed? This site is in a continual state of development- the team is dedicated to making our experience on iSLCollective a great one.
6 years ago
reply to kifissia's post #1
Hi Jann! :-)))
Now that you're telling us....!! I feel ashamed I didn't notice these new improvements! :-(((
- Mind you - I'm very busy these days with all these important events taking place here - by the Norman landing beaches - to welcome our last veterans of WWII............
I agree with you ( as always ;-))) : our ISL team is doing a great job!!!
Thank you guys for making never-ending improvements, & thank YOU, Jann, for reminding us...
Wishing you all a happy teaching ,
Sylvie
PS : I have noticed the search function is getting better & better! Thank you again.
6 years ago
reply to kifissia's post #1

SHORTER FILE NAMES

Yes, we're trying to improve things all the time. Indeed, not only have URLs been shortened, but also the unbearably long file names. Here's a typical file name from the near past: islcollective_esl_resource_level_beginner_pre-intermediate_intermediate_upper-intermediate_advanced_vocabulary_focus_easter_21345672342334534523423434575675673243435454.doc
Now it's only the worksheet title: e.g. For a worksheet entitled: Places: giving directions, the corresponding file is 4688_places_giving_directions.doc
6 years ago

NEW TITLE FOR SEARCH RESULTS PAGE

As some of you have noticed, our tech team have been releasing new developments in the past weeks.

We recently improved the look of the search results page by displaying the number of results and the title of the search above the results.

Also, you can now see which section you are in, e.g. Printables (handouts, materials meant to be printed), and the section of Vocabulary worksheets in case of ESL worksheets on Giving directions.

Hope you like these.

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #5

ISLCOLLECTIVE ON MOBILES AND TABLETS

I'm glad to annouce that we have optimized the site for the most popular mobile phones and tablets, improving the design and the readibility of titles and texts.

If your device is capable of opening doc and ppt, you can view and download the materials. If you're a Supporting Member, it's easier just to bookmark them as favorites.

Feel free to take a look!

Bless up,
Peter

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!