6 years ago
Dear Colleagues!

The part-free, part-paying system on iSLCollective was clearly not embraced by our members. The site lost half of its visitors along with half of its ad revenues, and in terms of user support, we did much worse than in last year's Fundraiser. As a result, we haven't been able to collect enough money to run the site until year's end.

Therefore, we've made the decision to make the formerly restricted functions free and accessible for everybody (e.g. full screen previews, printing, favoriting, etc.), which marks a return to our original model on iSLCollective. The remaining benefits for supporting members are: no adverts, priority technical support and cart.

Sadly, we had no choice but to lay off one employee, and reduce the hours of the others. Still, we have to do a fundraiser now (until June 30, 2014) to keep going this year. There wil be only one Supporting membership type (1-year membership) for a symbolic sum of 5 euros, but you can choose to pay more if you can afford.

We hope you can stand behind this old-new model and help the site collect the 5000 euros it needs now.

Also, let's begin a conversation about the future of the site in this forum thread. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
Fellow teachers, have you checked out what else is out there in terms of worksheets/powerpoints and teaching ideas? Have you not realized the value of this site? One of the major competitors requires not only your own submissions but also a byzantine point system- where they may even delete your submissions (happened twice to me!). Another site has 25% fewer worksheets and PPTs and is visually unattractive and way too commercial. Other sites offer few materials in an ugly interface. This is the one site that is "just right" and in 6 langauges- no less. There have been massive developments over the past few months- making our experience ever more pleasant and useful for all. What have you got to say about this? Put in your own 2 cents.
6 years ago
reply to kifissia's post #2
You are right, Kifissia. I've just contributed.
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #1
I really hope it keeps going.I dont mind contributing at all.It is such great value.sorry to hear about someone losing their job.Good luck with everything
6 years ago
Dear Peter, what about creating a youtube account for iSLCollective? It is possible to monetize channels on Youtube and with the money it would be possible to raise some money. The volonteers could create ESL, FLE, ELE and other videos for the channel. I am sure there will be a lot of subscribers and views. In the description to the video it is possible to ask for donation (some authors do so). Besides you could give the link to the author's page on Youtube and they would also have new subscribers and views. I can make videos for English, French, Spanish and Russian students.

Best wishes,
Natalia
6 years ago
reply to Sonn's post #5
Dear Natalia, Users making videos with a message to other users about why to support the site would be great. We would love to hear what the site means to its members and it would be a strong way to encourage others to join our mission. If you send me your videos, we can post it on the page. I will also create my own video and upload it to youtube. Should we have a separate youtube channel for islcollective or should users upload their videos in their own profile? Thank you, Peter
6 years ago
reply to rabnif's post #4
Thank you,rabnif!
6 years ago
Hear! Hear! ...;-)
I'm sorry to learn contributors have left - when EVERYTHING WAS free....& also sorry about the loss of jobs.
I'm not to argue anymore ;-) That's life.
I do hope Peter & team will get enough support or...................??? I'd thought people would prefer this paying a membership , when people willing to do it actually could, & when people who cannot afford sending money could still get every contribution for FREE. I must admit I do not understand...
Wishing our blessed team a lot of support - in every way ;-))
Sylvie
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #6
Dear Peter, I wanted to say that the members of iSLCollective could share their ESL (FLE etc.) videos on iSLCollective youtube channel. They would send it to the mail of the person who would be responsible for uploading them to the channel. I think there should be one channel for all the languages. But it is also possible to have six (for each language). The users who send the videos must give the written permission to upload their videos to the channel to raise some money for the site. In the descrition to the video and in the annotations the moderator of the channel could give the link to the channel of the author of the video (if he/she has such channel). We could post the links to the videos on Facebook, Twitter etc, and it will give the channel many views so the profit from the monetization would be bigger. All the money from the monetization would go to the site needs.

But the users should be very careful with the pictures and sounds they use in the video: they must be either ther own or public domain. The copyright policy on Youtube is very strict.

Here is one of my videos

">

I can make a similar one for iSLCollective channel.

Besides I like your idea. The members of the site could make their own videos where they would tell what the site means to its members, how it helps them, etc. I'll try to make one during this week.

One more thing, as far as I know Google AdSense programme is also suitable for blogs so we could have an iSLCollective blog on blogger. In 6 month it is possible to use AdSense with this blog.

We could also write an iSLCollective books and sell them on Amazon or elsewhere to raise some money for the site. The members should give their permission for using their work in such books. The situation with the images in the book is the same as with the videos.
6 years ago
reply to Sonn's post #9
Dear Natalia,
Thank you for your great ideas, & concern about ISLC....I'm afraid I won't be as positive as you are - & I do apologise for this :-((
I think PEOPLE just want FREE stuff - & that's it. I know there are a few who bother....A FEW.
I promised I wouldn't get angry on the Forum anymore - so I won't! ;-))) But there is a BIG problem you'll have to keep in mind :
" The hardest job kids face today is learning good manners when they can't see any.".....
With all my love ,
Sylvie
6 years ago
Raising funds is fine and from what I hear is needed for the site to continue. BUT I feel that everyone should give something if they want to download worksheets. How can the team tell who can afford it and who can't? I see so many members here (when they leave comments on my worksheets) who NEVER contribute ANYTHING. I thought that was what sharing was all about.

Of course it's nice to receive points and receive comments from other teachers who have downloaded and successfully used one of our worksheets in class, but we are NOT here for that. We are here to help each other and so I insist that if teachers want to download they should pay a membership fee.

So, to resume, instead of asking for funds (and this is NOT the first time, is it?) I think every member should pay a yearly membership fee. That would solve a lot of problems!

What do others think?
Janet
6 years ago
Dear Peter, I have asked before but my request went and unanswered. I am a frquent user of your magnificant web site, and I would like to support. How much is 5 euros on dollars?
Thank you.
David
[email protected]
6 years ago
6 years ago
I disagree with a membership fee. With so many free resources available online, hardly anyone will pay for downloads. Instead, they will move on to another site. Putting websites behind a paywall has been tried before, but usually results in an exodus of most visitors, more than decimating traffic (and advertising income).

Too many people feel that the Internet, and its content, should be freely available. This may not be fair, but it's reality. That is why more and more sites try to raise funds from ads and sponsors. In my opinion, the best way to ensure survival is probably relying on the goodwill of kind donators, and at the same time reducing the cost of running the site. It may not ensure the best quality available, but I would prefer to keep the site going with basic features rather than have it shut down. Keeping full time staff is clearly no option for the future unless a corporate sponsor is found.
6 years ago
Dear friends, 5000 euros is 5 euro donations from 1000 members. I think we are quite able to raise the sum. If you cannot donate now, please spread the word in you blogs, on Twitter, Facebook etc. I am sure it will also help. You can embed Peter's video or mine or make your own.

For those who doubt whether they should donate: just divide 5 euros into 12 and you will see how much money it costs per month and think how much time you save daily by downloading the stuff from here, how much interest you see in your students' eyes.

Best wishes,
Natalia
6 years ago
reply to PhilipR's post #14
I agree with Philip and Sonn. We gotta be able to raise the funds needed for the basic service now that we've reduced the hours of our staff from full-time to part-time.

In the past 6 months, most of you guys voted against the freemium model (free+premium) by not lending it your support. The message was obvious so we decided to give the full-free model another shot. So please vote on the full-free model with your small change now. It's easy: it will take only a couple minutes for you, but it will give the site the rest of the year to live.

It's really worth it: together we're building the best resource bank on the planet. And the site just keeps getting better. The more support we get, the better site we will build. We have big plans - think interactive whiteboard, think online exercises, think mobile apps. The sky is the limit, but it's up to you what we are able to do. Or if we can continue at all.

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #16
I think the full-free model isnot the right choice especially if we take into consideration the big sums of money the site needs and which fundraising can't provide.Thus, other practical alternatives are needed.
First of all, users should upload and get points to be able todownload.If not, they should pay very little money to support the site. Besides, not all ws should be for free download. The most downloaded and liked ws should be grouped in files of 30s or 50s and posted for users to download after paying a little money.I think even some authors' accounts - I mean the most popular and successful ones - downloading from them shouldn't be free. All what we need is to get the author's agreement .Moreover, authors can make ppts on different teaching issues and post them for money. I think a lot of things can be done to save the site and let it continue to exist.
Talking about the full-free model and the site is in a big financial crisis which threatens its continuity seems to me illogical !!!
James,
6 years ago
querido amigo soy de Colombia quisiera donar me puede indicar como hacerlo desde mi pais. estoy en bogotá y quiero contribuir por favor respndame prontamente para ayudar a esta meta que es mas que merecida dpor su gran labor.
6 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #11
I agree with you.
6 years ago
FUND RAISER vs FEES

Dear Islcollective members,

First of all, let me say that I love this site very much and that I have quite a few o ws and ppts uploaded here.
Second, many people have already downloaded my work as did from other members. For that my deep gratitute.
Third, I live in Portugal, and currently cannot contribute to this site, as I am not working full time.
Fourth, the idea of "offering one's work" to a huge community and still feel obliged to pay a fee, is against all my beliefs. In case the owners of this site demand a fee all my work will be deleted.
Fifth, what I found quite amazing is such demands or suggestions should cancel many accounts which have never contribute for moths and months with a single work. Why not demand those people to pay for downloads since they are just here to take advantage of other member's extraordinary work.
Patrialusitana
6 years ago
I've been using ISL Collective and find it a valuable resource. The changes I saw recently on the site, however, were off-putting; I almost stopped coming because I couldn't see the resources, so I couldn't tell if they were what I needed or not.
Currently, I'm in the process of an expensive change of location but will gladly contribute donations in the near future in the form of both currency and uploads of materials I have made myself.
6 years ago
reply to PATRIALUSITANA's post #21
I absolutely agree with Patrialusitana and it backs up what I said in a recent reply!

We've uploaded documents here for years and we are now asked to pay aswell (just have a look at our profiles. I'm pretty sure those who NEVER upload will NOT pay if you insist on making in a DONATION and not a MEMBERSHIP FEE!

Believe me, that is the solution otherwise continue as a free site like eslprintables!

6 years ago
Dear friends, I still think that we are able to raise the necessary sum of money this time. More than 1000 euros raised during a week is a good start.

But I also think that something else should be done. Janet's words two days ago made me think. I've sent my thoughts about new system to Peter and I wasn't sure if I should send them here. But as I see similar suggestions here so I decided to post it here, too. I would like to hear your opinions.

Maybe we could make use of our points and views from teaching tips?

The people who have no points or views would be able to downloand 1 file per day and read all the teaching tips and the forum. The opportunity of viewing all the pages of worksheets i.e. all the new features should be deactivated for them.

As soon as they upload a worksheet/worksheets or a ppt/ppts or write a teaching tip and get at least 50 points or 100 views they would be able to download 10 files per day. As soon as they get their limit (i.e. 10 files per day in any section of the site) the opportunity of viewing full-page documents should be limited. They can download 10 another worksheets this day by spending 50 more points. People would have the opportunity to download anything they want all year long if they get 5000 points or 10000 views. That is 5000 points/10000 views is a "price" per year.

People could omit getting points and just pay a fee. I think 5 euros would be enough. They could either exchange their points or buy the opportunity to download all the materials for free. 1 euro - 1000 points.
6 years ago
reply to Sonn's post #24
Sounds good Sonn. Relatively similar to eslprintables rules (sorry to quote them again!) where you have to obtain so many points before being able to download other people's work. Which means you HAVE TO upload your own work which, as I have said before, is the REAL meaning of sharing and thus seems logical!

If teachers don't want to upload their own work or can't (!!!) they should have to pay, that seems fair, doesn't it?They always have the choice of uploading free resources from Internet!

6 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #23
Once again I agree with both of you. I think I've already made my "share"
6 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #25
I am not to judge what real sharing is, but I think to demand something in return for sharing, is called conditional sharing, and when our authors have uploaded, the deal was unconditional sharing, i.e. nothing was wanted in return.

If we require uploads in return for downloads in the future, what would distinguish us from ESLPrintables? What would be the point of running a website that is exactly the same as our big brother, especially when they have ten times more teaching materials than us (about 600K vs 60K)?
6 years ago
Dear friends, I have one more suggestion (I hope there isn't too much of me in this thread). I am just trying to help.

James33's suggestion made me think of another way to raise some money for the site. There used to be a bookstore here at first. What if we get it back? But the would be not the books of famous authors, there would be books written by the members of iSLCollective. I know I have already proposed an idea of a colaborative books, but this idea is a bit different.

Teachers cold make books on one single topic e.g. Vegetables, and there should be not less than 15 pages with different tasks. The cost of such books would be 1 euro. Half of the sum would go to the site and another half would go to the author. This new option could save the time of the buyers, help the site and the authors of the books would be able to raise some money.

There could also be books devoted to grammar topics.

There can also be teacher's own coursebooks. BTW, the latter can help teachers form the countries where such books are very expensive to get a good teaching material at a rather low price and help the site.

The users should use public domain images, of the images they created themselves of bought. The sources of every image should be stated at the end of the document. We could make a list of sites with public domain images. I think there should be a premoderation for books.

The book should contain the worksheets that haven't been published anywhere before.

So all the worksheets that are free now would stay free for any user and even if the would be a necessity to have anothre fundraiser I am sure the sum of money would be less than we have now because of the money raised from bookselling.

What do you think?
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #28
Dear Peter,

With all due respect, I believe you're not seeing things clearly:

As a member I DID share unconditionally - fact!
But demanding money or fees to someone who upload many ws or ppts is not an unconditional sharing.....
I don't see the negativity of having similar rules to ESLPRINTABLES site.
One thing I am certain about:

Sharing is nice and makes us feel useful but being a tomfool is something that I am not willing to cooperate. Therefore, if your decision remains, I'll do exactly what I have said previously.

Patrialusitana
6 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #25

Jannabanna may have a point in regards downloading other people´s work and not uploading their own, I must add that I have never uploaded my own work, as I have such a busy lifestyle. (I run my own language school, I teach in a public school, I care for my mum who has Alzheimers, I´m studing for a degree in Spanish, plus all the everyday chores and activities that daily life brings.) This site is like a lifeline for me. I rely upon it as a quick solution to finding extra activities etc. for my classes, as I´m sure that many other teachers also do. I would not mind paying to download these resourses, in fact, once I heard that the site was in jepoardy I paid the subscription. It goes without saying that the resourses on this site are great and all I can offer is a great big thankyou to everyone who takes the time to upload them.
6 years ago
reply to micheletwinkletoes's post #31
This is a site which has been set up with all the best of intentions. Non-conditional Sharing but obviously it seems difficult to keep the site going under the circumstances. We have had many ups and downs in the past and what would happen to the site only time and really caring people will tell. What really bothers me is that how many of this site's visitors read this forum and give thought to the feature of the site apart from the true contributers and a few real benefitors. Somehow it doesn't sound right to me that just becoming a member to a site and downloading someone's hardwork and not even thinking about to say thank you. Therefore I think there should be made some restrictions or reminders when reaching the resources. I am not a businessman, I don't know what true solution is and all I can think of reaching people's conscience by adding a few words not only to the forum but also on to the description part of uploaded worksheets as well and that is what I am going to do in my future contributions.
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #28
Hello dear friends,
I’ve been Reading about the June fundraiser . I want to help the site but we Argentinians are increasingly feeling trapped inside our country as the government restricts access to the foreign cash we need . Credit and debit cards provided a legal way out, enabling people to make purchases and get money while abroad. But now the government cracked down too. The new measures make using plastic inside or outside the country less affordable by charging 15 percent in taxes on all foreign purchases that appear on credit or debit card bills, plus a 50-percent customs duty on any goods abroad. Paypal restrictions are abundant: You can't send money from the US or any other country to Argentina using paypal, you can't even send money from argentina to argentina using paypal. All these resctrictions were the cause of the ischemic stroke I suffered a year ago.What can I do to solve this Labyrinth we are in?
Mishqui.
6 years ago
reply to PATRIALUSITANA's post #21
EDIT: ANXIOUS waiting for the the owners reply!
6 years ago
reply to PATRIALUSITANA's post #30
Dear Patrialusitana,

I think there is a kind of misunderstanding. I can't see any Peter's words where he says about fees. As far as I can understand, he wants this site to be free for all the members. All we need is to raise the funds this week.

The proposal about compulsory fees for came from Janet and I quite understand why.

As far as I can see you don't want to have such fees, you don't want to donate during the fundraisers, you just want to share your work here and help the site in this only way. I think you have the right to think so and express your position on the forum. I am sure there are people who also support you POV.

We are here to listen to all possible opinions and to find a way to save this site on the Internet.

As for me, I think we are quite able to raise the necessary sum an this week we should concentrate on this goal. But the suggestions how to keep the site free and and at the same time raise money for its existence are also welcome.

And I also would like to add that almost all of us came here because it is a free place where you can download and upload without the necessity to earn or spend points. Let's think how we can save it together.

Best wishes,
Natalia
6 years ago
reply to PATRIALUSITANA's post #30
Dear Patrialusitana!

I'm not sure what compulsory fees you're referring to. In fact, we've just made accessible those few functions that used to be behind a paywall, and announced a return to our original full-free model.

I think we're in total agreement about the role of authors: why would you send money if you have sent countless valuable works? You're quite right.

To clarify, the old-new deal is the same as that of Wikipedia: first, authors contribute their work for everyone's benefit; that means they contribute their intellectual riches. They are the ones who create this site in the first place, they are the heart and soul of this place. This is why we gave the title "Honorary member" to the top 100 authors, including you, to highlight how central authors are to this site.

Second, those who take advantage of their work can contribute with financial means, because we live in a material world and the site has expenses to pay, too. They are the ones who provide the "food and water" for the site.

And finally, those who can't afford or don't have the means to chip in now, can use the site free and make a financial contribution whenever their life situation allows it. If we think about it, there are teachers from 300 countries here. In many countries the pay is so poor that it's barely enough to sustain themselves. In others, e.g. Argentina, the government bars any attempts to send money outside the country.

Wikipedia doesn't ask anyone to pay, since their mission is spreading free knowledge, especially to liberate those who are disadvantaged, and offer knowledge and learning to everyone as a means to get ahead in life. They are essentially spreading goodwill, and they rely on the goodwill of people. We are relying on the goodwill of people, too. But who exactly?

I think it is up to colleagues in more fortunate countries to give back a little now. Many of you have found a lot of joy and convenience in our teaching materials, in fact many of you saved hundreds of hours preparation on iSLCollective and some of you came to depend on the site in your teaching; it's your chance to do your part now - 5,10,15 euros, an hour's pay in your country.

At the same time, we are also supportive of complementing the site's income with any other smaller revenue stream we can think of. The e-book publishing venture suggested by Sonn, which would benefit both the authors and the site in a fair revenue share is worth a try. And if it's at least moderately successful, we could make print copies, as well. In fact, Wikipedia makes money from books they print on-demand (i.e. custom-made books, even only 1 copy) from their articles.

Are you, dear authors, interested? If enough of you are, we can devote a separate page to this collaborative endeavour, and we can get down to work in the summer.

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
Dear All,

you'll notice something has changed on the resource "download" pages: we've put in larger previews in which you can flip through all the pages. How do you like it?

Bless up,
Peter

6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #38
Dear Peter,
this is much better now, because we can see the content first and decide to download or not. Thanks! I hope you will be able to reach a good permanent solution for the future of this fantastic site. It's very difficult to please everyone, and to make people see that nothing can be free in life. Our colleagues have to be responsible citizens, and therefore realise they can't go on downloading other people's work without any type of contribution. If some contribute with work, others will have to contribute with money. That's as simple as that! Unless they are able to find a way to keep the site without any money. That would be fantastic!!!
God bless you
Mirita
6 years ago
I just wanted to say that i love this site Peter and all the team.
I just went to pay for membership cos 5 Euros is very little.
However when i went to subscribe, the fee was fixed at 15 euros.
Why's that?
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #38
Thank you. Much better now for everyone.
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #36
Dear Peter,

First of all, thanks for your words. I'm rather new on this site but I find it so beneficial for everybody that it would be a pity to lose it.
In my opinion, this site must be free for everybody. This is our goal, I understand and that's why I love Isl. However, I agree with those who consider contribution as something compulsory. At least every member should upload, no matter how many worksheets or how often since many teachers don't have enough time nor money and the purpose of this site is sharing but a compulsory contribution would be better for all of us.

Hugs from Spain
Rosa :)
6 years ago
First of all, I must say that I completely agree with kifissia, reply #2. After a few months using this site and some others, I've come to the conclusion that this is my favourite one.
I am not a fan of the conditional sharing or whatever, and the points system. You see, I am not a teacher, but I teach private lessons. I did it at some point in the past, using books, and now I have the opportunity to do it again. But now I teach kids, and searching for songs activities, I found this site and a lot of colourful resources :)
I also have two kids myself, one is a baby, so I don't have much time to prepare worksheets (besides, there are some that are just wonderful, I don't think I would be able to do this).
I started doing a couple of worksheets for requested songs that I couldn't find anywhere, then I started to like it and did some more, and loaded them here. Then I loaded some also on eslprintables and got some points. And I must say, I don't see what's all the fuss about that site, I like this one A LOT more, both in terms of design and support (my very first worksheet there was reported and deleted, for "breaking the rules" and I'm still waiting for an answer why, no idea).
Back to conditional sharing, I think that maybe a lot of persons don't have the time or aren't that good at doing worksheets (and really, I don't see the point of doing a worksheet that is basically the same as other, but with different pictures, just for doing it - except if I want to do something my way, or focus on something especially for my students).
And what about the persons that are downloading worksheets for their own use? If I wanted to learn English by myself, or simply to help my son to learn it, this site would be a great help - and eslprintables useless. I understand that both are focused to teachers, but why not for everyone? I don't mind to share my worksheets with everybody. I have only a few now, but it doesn't matter how many I'd have. I'm just glad if I can help someone, if someone finds it useful.

So I agree the site must be free, but I also see that it has costs and invoices to pay. I think that best solution, as somebody already suggested, is to have it free, basically, but with some limit of time or downloading for non-contributing members, and a small annual membership fee for them if they want to download more. I say small, because if it's high, it will scare people away. If it's small, many will rather pay it and enjoy the site as full members (especially after they become addicted to it like I did!). I say annual, because normally people prefer to pay once and forget about it.

And of course, if there are people who want to make a contribution and also upload a lot, well, perfect!

All the best!
Camelia
6 years ago
Dear Peter,

I really like this page very much. It is very useful.It would be very sad if we lose it. I would like to help you with the money. just tell us how to send it.
sorpresa from Peru.
6 years ago
Just an idea. You could build in a sharing function and allow users to share great lessons/worksheets to facebook with their ESL teacher friends. This would help increase website traffic and awareness, and with it advertising revenue.
6 years ago
I love the site, and am a paying member.

Would like to add that going to Facebook will be restrictive for some countries. I myself would not be able to access Facebook as I live in China.

Also can you please tell me is my current membership valid, or will I have to pay the 5euros again for supporting membership?
6 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #11
I completely agree. I like sharing, but the main purpose of sharing means an exchange, and sometimes I get frustrated that some people come on this site just for taking....I appreciate when my ws go around the world, but I like the idea of an exchange ;-)
6 years ago
reply to juliebois's post #47
I don't agree that sharing means exchange... For me the best definition of sharing in this context is:

share ~~To allow someone to use or enjoy something that one possesses
(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/share)

I think the whole world would be better if people would share without expecting nothing in return ;)
And yes, I'm aware there are a lot who just take advantage of it, but I think that those in need will benefit more.

As I see it, having a worksheet downloaded many times already gives something in return - appreciation. People download something they like and consider useful... Why isn't it enough, why do the authors need a "material" exchange?
6 years ago
reply to scami's post #48
The authors don't need a material exchange. It's the site that needs a material exchange taking into consideration the big expenses the administrators must pay to make it continue to exist.Besides, the money which has been collected up till now is not really sufficient.The site needs 5000 Euros.
James,
6 years ago
reply to scami's post #48
The authors do no need a material exchange. It's the site that needs a material exchange taking into consideration the big sums of money the administrators need to cover the expenses and make the site survive.The money which has been collected up till now is not really sufficient.The site needs 5000 euros. Thus, I tell Peter to make the June fundraiser stay for another week.
James,
6 years ago
reply to sorpresa's post #44

Dear Peter,

I am so sad because I try to send my contribution but in my country It's so expensive the tax for send money. I am a teacher in a public school my salary per month is less 220 euros. I don't know How can I help you? It's so sad for me lost this web Its help me to have interesting ws for my students. Well for this time I told you and your friends thanks sooooooo muuuuuuuuuuucho for this web. I hope God help you to meet the best solution for all us. Take care. God bless You!

6 years ago

This is a fantastic site... As soon as my extra money comes in August I will be sending you a donation.. You have helped me all year with my lessons... and of course the 5 euro membership will be fine too..
6 years ago
reply to rakeda's post #51
Hi everyone! I used to be an active member on this site and I contributed a lot but ceased to be and do when things changed.First of all,I still don't understand how eslprintables manage without donations but this site doesn't.I don't want any extra features if this is why a tecnical team is required.Secondly,I don't want people paying money for downloading my works.(voluntarily or not,it doesn't matter.) The money collected is for the site and this site is comprised of our works-so the money is for downloading our works.I respect all your opinions but I wanted to express my thoughts too.Have a nice weekend everyone
6 years ago
If your work is deleted on eslprintables,there is a solid reason.I am one of the members who decide to remove works on eslprintables and we only vote to remove if copyrighted clipart is used,some others' work is copied,the file is corrupted and the the file is not a taeching material (for example,just texts without the exercises or the pictures with no instructions) -which are all needed to maintain the quality and the legal ground.
6 years ago
reply to rakeda's post #51
Dear Rakeda
Are you serious? 220€ a month teaching at a Spanish public school? Where is it? How many hours a day do you teach? That amount is less than any full time Spanish teacher makes in a week.
Anyway, I agree with Mobscene. I think the site should keep the features that the incomes can afford.
How to get the money? Ads and donations? I don't know but it's clear that we have to help right now to keep the site running. I'll do it soon. We usually value things when we lose them.
Greetings from Spain.
Herber
6 years ago
I want to express how grateful I am for this site. I like that it is a site for teachers around the world to share their worksheets, and I love discovering what they are creating for their students.

Sharing on this site is a voluntary action, and no one is obligated to share. I freely put my worksheets on this site, not expecting any pay, and I feel privileged that teachers want to use my worksheets. I also freely give my money when the time for fundraising comes around, but I realize that many teachers cannot afford to even pay 5 euros. I think the beauty of this site is that it is free for all to use and enjoy without restrictions.

I have not found a better free ESL site on the internet and am proud to be part of it. Thank you to the staff that invested so much into bettering this site this year. I love how searchable everything is, and I love the bigger preview.

Finally, THANK YOU to all you fantastic contributors to this site!!

Jann
6 years ago
reply to mobscene123's post #53
Dear mobscene123, first of all, eslprintables had a donation campaign in the past because the number of visitors grew immensely. Second, eslprintables is a site for the teachers of one language. iSLCollective is a place for teachers of 6 languages. The money problems started because the number of visitors grew not only because the other language sections appeared, but also because the number of visitors of English section grew, too. And I should say that another sections help me a lot and upload my work in English, German, French, Spanish and Russian sections as often as I can and I almost never delete it for any reason because I want to help both the site and the teachers. And if a Chinese section ever appears I will contribute there, too.

Here is stated quite clearly why the site needs the money and what kind costs will be paid by using it. So the money is not for the ability to dowload the worksheets. This feature has always been free for everyone here.

En iyi dileklerimle
6 years ago
reply to james33's post #50
Dear James,
There were authors who clearly said they would prefer an exchange, like everybody should upload etc., and that they feel it is not fair the way it is now. That's what I mean when I say they need a "material" exchange.
I agree with you that the fundraising period should be extended.
Regards,
Camelia
6 years ago
reply to jann's post #56
I totally agree with you, Jann! In every single word.
Camelia
6 years ago
reply to jann's post #56
Well said, jann! :)
6 years ago
Dear Peter,
Hope the deadline could be changed.
6 years ago
reply to scami's post #58
I, for one, do not favour an exchange system or point-based system for the simple reason that this website will be flooded with copied worksheets of new members trying to gather points. Right now, the number of copied worksheets (or stolen, as some call it) is negligible and there is little moderation needed.

Moving to a point-based system like ESLPrintables will bring in members desperate for points and willing to upload anything to get them. I also think that the quality of uploads will go down, or people will start uploading worksheets in separate files to garner more points.

Btw, i like the laid back manner in which this site is run, without zealots scanning every single worksheet for minor infringements so they can report and ban them. I don't condone blatant copying or copyright infringements, but let's not become overly obsessed either. Fyi, I still think the best licence is Creative Commons (Non Commercial Share Alike); use one of those if you really want to share and help others.
6 years ago
reply to PhilipR's post #62
I agree with PhilipR about not moving to a point system. I have a few sheets on this site and on ESLprintables. The sheets on this site have been downloaded significanlty more times than the ones on ESLprintables. For example I have a present continuous grammar sheet dowloaded 7,560 times here but only 215 times on ESLprintables. My other worksheets also show significant differences as well, with many more being downloaded here. If one of the problems is a loss in membership, I would suggest going the route of a membership drive so you can gain advertising back.

I don't use this site as much as I used to. One of the reasons is that I don't have as much need because I am a student now, and I don't teach young students anymore. The other reason is when the site made changes, I started to have problems with searches because the categories would not match to the search words I typed in. However, I do check in here once in a while.

I am not sure how to go about fundraising, but maybe the book idea would work.
6 years ago
reply to PhilipR's post #62
I agree with PhilipR about not moving to a point system. I have a few sheets on this site and on ESLprintables. The sheets on this site have been downloaded significanlty more times than the ones on ESLprintables. For example I have a present continuous grammar sheet dowloaded 7,560 times here but only 215 times on ESLprintables. My other worksheets also show significant differences as well, with many more being downloaded here. If one of the problems is a loss in membership, I would suggest going the route of a membership drive so you can gain advertising back.

I don't use this site as much as I used to. One of the reasons is that I don't have as much need because I am a student now, and I don't teach young students anymore. The other reason is when the site made changes, I started to have problems with searches because the categories would not match to the search words I typed in. However, I do check in here once in a while.

I am not sure how to go about fundraising, but maybe the book idea would work.
6 years ago
Totally agree with PhillipR and Jann. I teach private individual lessons and the work sheets on this site are unbeatable - no other free site that I have found offers as much and in different languages.
I contribute when I can and gladly - and hope that other users equally appreciate the value of the site.
I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions about promotion as I'm really clueless in that field and I REALLY don't want to loose this wonderful resource.
6 years ago
reply to mbenson's post #65
YOu have NEVER contributed, Sunshine; No Need to lie....
Is it the same with people telling us - ALL the TIME ...- they've been giving money ???
I just wonder.
OK, People. So, everything is fine in this shiny world. I'll do my best to believe....
Sylvie
6 years ago
reply to liette's post #66
PS : I sent money - a lot... - to get a membership till June 2016...I'm not giving money THIS time, because I'm growing FED UP....
As some of you have pointed,I think we should - at least ..- show some interest in this site, either by uploading a lot ....which I cannot do for personal reasons these days ,as many of you ....or by contributing with their money, when they can afford it.
I do not know what Peter & team will decide, but I'm telling you all : I"m not going to send money anymore , when I do not know what we are all talking about.
Some of us have uploaded a lot - not my case - ...some have been trying to....It's all soooooooooooooo great!
But .........I'll never understand people who ask for better features, when they have NOT uploaded a single thing.....
Someone has written about this, I won't say the same things ...again & again...!

6 years ago

DEAR AUTHORS, PLS RETAG

On the suggestion of lesleymisano, we developed a new feature: from now on you'll be able to select multiple items from the Grammar menu when uploading your works. Just hold down the Control button on your keyboard when selecting items, and click with your left mouse button on each item, one after the other.

Lesleymisano pointed out very correctly that uploads most often fall into multiple grammar categories at the same time, and it would be arbitrary to pick one out of many. For example, any worksheet focusing on Defining relative clauses would also within the larger group Relative Clause. So now you can label your works with all relevant tags. The more you choose, the better.

Let me stress again that it would be very important for you to retag your worksheets now with 103 new grammar items added, all of which return zero search results at the moment.

Thank you,
Peter

6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #69
I have just re-tagged my ws. Only 13, but it took over an hour, so I don't know what those with hundreds of ws. will do. People with particular/specific ws. should, however, retag because for example. 'had better' brings up just 4 ws. and they are all mine.
Can I point out that in the grammar list there are 'ought to, had better, could etc., but 'would and will' are not present even though they do cause a lot of problems for those teaching English. + verb tenses is present twice.

While retagging my 'Question tags' worksheet I have found an error which should be corrected. If I resubmit this file will I loose the 678 dowload count and start from 0 again?
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #69
Very useful indeed. Thanks once again for your marvellous work.
Have you noticed the way KikiSyamsurijal deals with the page that belongs to everybody? 18 ws one after the other, no chance for the others to upload something.
6 years ago
reply to lesleymisano's post #70
Of course you won't lose your download count. You can edit your ws, correct errors and resubmit files.The download count won't be lost.I think we should all edit our ws from time to time and check if they contain mistakes to coorect them. Besides, downloaders should report errors to authors by sending them private messages.All this gonna lead to the improvement of the site.
Best regards,
6 years ago
reply to liette's post #67
Liette:
You are so right. I spent money to get a membership until 2015. This time I will not give any money. I do what I can for this site. I believe in the spirit of the site, to help each other, to work together, to share. I found a lot of friends here. Peter and his team are working very hard for all of us.
People who do not want to understand the spirit of our great site should go to shops, buy books and other material.
I am for a membership for everybody here. With 5 Euros we save jobs and save the wonderful spirit of people who want to work together and help each other.
Petra
6 years ago
reply to Energy's post #73
Hi Petra!
That's what I meant, but your message is MUCH nicer than mine :-(( ...;-)
I am for a membership too, in some way...BUT, I just do not know ...HOW.
I do agree with Philip R about the "points" : I don't think it's a clever thing to do ( for the reasons he has explained ), but I am able to understand other points of view...;-)
Just like you, I've found & worked with wonderful colleagues here ( letters exchanges, projects via pms, etc, etc!!!)
For the sake of this site, because the TEAM needs our money to keep it going, I - too - understand they need some of our help.
I am not asking for more features ; ie = just sharing our work & experiences ...is GREAT. I do not need more , esp if it has a cost.
I do not like "competition" , I do not like "points"...! ( my own point of view...;-))
Just like anyone here - I guess - I wish we all lived in a beautiful world....Hum. But that's not LIFE - well, in my part of the World.
To receive, we have to give - somehow... ( not money , it can be our time, work, help...etc.)

I do believe some of our colleagues cannot afford paying a membership. I don't mind. Maybe, they can help us with their ws, or teaching tips, etc...
Maybe a "so-called" membership could be viewed in different ways : either you help with your money, or your work, or both....? I do not know.
Sending warm greetings from hot northern France,
Sylvie
6 years ago
reply to liette's post #66
#66 liette,
Thank you for pointing that out Sylvie - perhaps I should have been more precise in saying I HAVE CONTRIBUTED FINANCIALLY !

I find your comment somewhat childish.
6 years ago
Dear author
I 'd like to help by paying however, in some countries there is no pay pal system or stuff. i found this website pretty amazing, and i wish it runs for ever. but i don't know how to help.
6 years ago
I suggest extending the fundraiser period and letting it open until the goal is achieved.
What do you think dear teachers ????
6 years ago
reply to james33's post #77
I totally agree. That's the only way Peter will reach the 5000 amount necessary to keep the site functioning. This may not be the right moment for some teachers to pay the required amount, but later they will do it. Let's cross our fingers and wait!
A nice weekend for all!
6 years ago
I suppose that not all people who come here regulary during the school year come here so often in summer. So I think the fundraiser could be extended so that they could see the notification and maybe some of the teachers would help.
6 years ago
Hi!
I agree with the idea to expand the fundrising because this site has very useful teaching material. I don`t know if it is only my problem but I can`t transfer the money in any way. Are there any members from Estonia whom I can contact with to ask them what the problem is? I am really appreciated if you can give me some information. I have tried all (by credit card, PayPal, I even went to the bank but they couldn`t accept your bank account).
Ülle from Estonia
6 years ago
I agree! Especially considering it's summer and many teachers are on break. Also, many teachers don't use the site regularly, even as I have seen, some content contributors. This is the first time I've been on the site in several months (at least). I was only recently reminded about you and it seems you have upgraded a lot in the last few years. I pledged as much as I could this month. If you don't read the 5,000 goal, please either keep the fundraising going for a while, or do another one, perhaps in September when more teachers are back at work.
6 years ago
reply to davidesl's post #12
The current rate is $1 = 0.71 euros, so 5 euros is around $7.
6 years ago
Dear Peter,

I found ur site amazing and helpful. Ur team hv done a great work. Except Paypal, can I cake the donation via Master card?
6 years ago
reply to highpoint's post #83
Dear Highpoint,

We've been in talks with various bank card companies for about a year to accept bank card payments on the site, but unfortunately it's a very complicated issue. So currently, you can only pay via PayPal or internet banking / regular banking (Here's more details). PayPal does work with Master Card, albeit not in every case.

Thank you,
Peter
6 years ago
Dear All!

A big thank you to everyone who has made a donation in our ongoing fundraiser so far! We were able to collect more than 3500 euros, which is very close to what we need to achieve.

I'm especially thankful to those of you who shared your thoughts about the path the site should take in the future.

There have also been a number of suggestions to extend the fundraiser to take into account the fact that many teachers are hard to reach as they have gone on their summer breaks. So we decided to add two more weeks to the campaign.

Thank you,
Peter
6 years ago
Dear Peter, Thanks a lot for your amazing work, i am willing to pay as you know i am a refugee live in Turkey where i am not allowed to work and not allowed to even get my SIM card in my name, cant open bank account too.

The Only thing i am able to do is pray that may our LORD Jesus, bless you more and give you more and i would be glad to donate someday when i am able.

Love you my dear brother

Blessings

Slave of Christ Ahmed .
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #86
Hola Peter, ISL Collective staff and fellow ESL teachers.
I truly appreciate your site and all the wonderful materials you provide. I have a problem with acquiring the membership.
I am not sure what is happening, but I've tried to get my membership three times, and everytime I get an error message regarding my card. I've using the same card to buy books online, plane tickets, etc., and never had a problem. I created a paypal account, and somehow they reject my card, but they never tell me what the problem is. I called my bank and everything is ok.

Could you please give me some feedback? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you for all your work and effort.
Alejandra from Mexico
6 years ago
reply to tanitabcs's post #88
Hi Alejandra!

We've heard about such cases, but PayPal never comments when it declines a bank card, so I haven't really a clue. Maybe you could call PayPal to ask them, or try using Western Union, which also accepts debit card or bank card payments. You will find all the necessary informaton in our Help section.

Thank you for considering supporting us, I hope it will work out in the end.
Peter
6 years ago

Dear Peter,

I highly appreciate your wonderful website! I really want to do something to show my sincere thanks to you - the administrators of the website. 5 euros is not a big sum of money, even for a poor teacher like me. But my problem is that I am not used to using Paypal or MasterCard. I only have a bank account for VND. Can you show me a simple way to support you and to become a member of ISLcollective?

Sincere thanks!
6 years ago
reply to nkimque's post #90
Dear Nkimque,

Thanks for your kind words! If Paypal is not option, then you can choose to make a direct bank transfer in your closest bank office. You can find more info about it here.

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
I think that that is beacuse it was rather disappointing, after supporting you with a free donation to see that you had completely changed your policy..turning to a partially not free system. At this stage in my opinion, if you want your fundraising to be successfull you have to design a long-term policy, so that users can feel reassured that you are not going to change it every now or then..
6 years ago
Dear Peter!
I highly appreciate your website and worksheets of my colleagues all over the world. and I consider the sum of 5 euros is a way to say 'Thank you for sharing'. I can't imagine my working day without your website. But I have just seen your letter and have a question. Is the 30th of June a deadline? can I support my favourite site now?
Thank you!
6 years ago
I like very much and i find very useful your worksheets.J'm going to dend you a bank transfer of 5 euros but I need a note for my secondary shool to justify the payment.Is it possible?
Thank you
Mercedes
6 years ago
reply to alentorn10's post #94
Hi alentorn10,

Thank you for considering your support! Please send me your email address to info [at] islcollective [dot] com and also include it as a comment to your donation, and you will receive an invoice certifying your contribution to your school.

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
Dear Peter,

I want to support this website, because I think it is very useful, but when I went to my bank to make the bank transfer, they told me that I had to pay 42€ in taxes in the transfer, that's why I didn't do it. I will try to do it by western Union. I hope I'll do it on time.

Thanks

Saludos desde España,
Ana
6 years ago
reply to nana3mas's post #96
I also want to donate and I have the same problem. Please let me know if you could do it by Western Union!
Thank you!
6 years ago
Hi Peter,

I've just discovered your site while searching for ESL worksheets. I'm not a teacher myself, but I work for an organization that provides free tutoring and homework help for children in lower income neighbourhoods, many of whom are ESL. I donated 5 Euros and I'm only a broke student, working part-time hours so if I can donate this small sum, anyone can. It's not a lot to ask for, especially to help keep such a fantastic resource such as this up and running. I hope others will consider making a donation too!
6 years ago
Hi Peter!
I think there is a problem with the uploading, because I uploaded one worksheet at noon and it hasn't appeared yet. Could you see what's the problem? Thanks!
Mirita
6 years ago
reply to acasc's post #97
Hi. Yes, you can. Here's how to that.
Thank you, Peter
6 years ago
reply to Mirita1959's post #99
Thanks for the notice. We'll check it.
6 years ago
Dear All,

Thanks to all our sponsors who helped us collect 4900 EUR until the fundraiser deadline, virtually all of our 5000 EUR goal this summer! :)

This will allow us to continue providing basic support of the site in 2014 and pay the infrastructure bills.

As you know, we reduced staff hours and spending on the development of new features, but hopefully we will still be able to come out with some small new releases every now and then. Next up is reworking the Login and Registration. We want to introduce Facebook Connect to simplify logging in and using the site for first time or casual users. Besides, we're also planning to develop a new "Forgot Password" mechanism to replace the current one, which a lot of users are having issues with.

If you've missed this Fundraiser, you will be able to donate all year round by clicking on the SUPPORT ISL menu. Any further contributions are very much welcome, since they will help us formulate a reserve for unforeseeable expenses, while the rest will be put towards developing new features, e.g. hosting new material formats.

Thank you again, and have a great summer!

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #102
Szia Peter,

Many users complain about big bank transfer fees. I wonder if you know about this possibility: https://transferwise.com/ I have never tried it myself, but I have seen it in various advertisements lately.
Maybe it could help to fundraise your initiative in the future? Or those who wanted to donate but refused due to the fees can donate now.

Nagy koszonom, viszlat es sok serencset!
6 years ago
reply to Mirita1959's post #99
Hi Mirita, upload problem fixed. Your worksheet is now visible. Thank you for your patience, Peter
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #104
Thanks a lot Peter!
6 years ago
Thanks for the infomation,

Griselda
6 years ago
Hi Peter

Just donated the remaining 100 EUR to get to your goal of 5,000. You are to be congratulated for an excellent initiative and an fantastic resource. Happy to be able to contribute.

Cheers
Tim
6 years ago
That is great to hear that you manged to reach the required total.thank you to everyone who donated and a big thanks to to the team who keep this going especially you mate.Hopefully this wonderful site has a lot more years to go!!
6 years ago
reply to timtheteacher's post #107
Wow, many thanks Tim for capping off our Fundraiser so marvellously! With your donation we have finally reached our entire goal! We're grateful. :)
6 years ago
reply to timtheteacher's post #107
Many thanks Tim! I'm sure we are all grateful to you. This site deserves all our possible contributions. have a nice day!
Mirita
6 years ago
reply to chicaconlabicicleta's post #103
I don't know how large bank transfer fees are. I guess it varies widely across countries, but thanks for the suggestion anyways. I haven't hearf of transferwise yet, but will take a look. Köszönöm!
6 years ago
reply to SMLTR's post #98
Dear SMLTR, thanks a lot! It's all the more appreciated!
6 years ago
reply to acasc's post #97
Dear Acasc, Western Union is an option. Please click on the SUPPORT ISL menu, and then go to the HELP section to find out the details.
6 years ago
I'm so glad for that!
I'm really blessed for all your work and for the other teachers' help.

Cheers,
Deborah
6 years ago
reply to debgodoy's post #114
Dear Italian members!

Evci and I are going to Rome on vacation for 3 days from Aug 2 to 5. It would be great to meet some of you while there. Any of you up for that?

Also, we're looking for some cheap place to stay at. Any recommendations? Or if you know someone who has a couch we could surf for the three nights, that would be the best. Please write a PM or an email to info [at] islcollective [dot] com.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Bless up,
Peter
6 years ago
Love this site and have only been a member for a few hours. Had a private lesson this morning at the house and just a few minutes prior to Ss arriving I realized I had failed to make up worksheets for the planned lesson. Registered, found what I needed, downloaded and just did finish printing out as my two Ss were taking their seats! Wew!

If you ever make it to Thailand I owe you a beer at least.

A thought: make the registration process a little easier to find. Specifically I had the devil of a time finding where to go to register.

The thingy didn't register with my mind. I kept looking past it. My mind took it for simply being a logo or something else not important. I figured it out by accident when I, by chance, passed the mouse over it.

Again thanks for saving the day!
6 years ago
I see the fund raising posts. Have you considered something like: http://www.gofundme.com/

I used GoFundMe to raise enough money for two cataract eye surgeries. Wow, what a life saver.
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #109
Great great thanks to your web site. Thanks to this I've had a lot of useful worksheet for my students! Have a lovely vacation! Wish you and your family with good health and success!
Mss Thuy- Viet Nam
6 years ago

I am agree with your opinion due it site has been a great, wonderful and useful for me and for my students; thanks you for been so smart with teachers.

I am a so proud Panamanian teacher for belonging to this amazing site for profesionals like us.}

God has blessed me! Thanks a lot!
6 years ago
Hi Peter
Is it too late for me to contribute to the fundraiser? Unfortunately time escaped me and I could not teach effectively without your site.
With thanks
MAKC
6 years ago
hi peter ,
can u give me ur email adress cause i want to tell u something important about this website really important and thanks !
6 years ago
reply to ayax's post #124
God i hope your not teaching English!
6 years ago
reply to PhilipR's post #14
Well spoken Phillip, i agree!
I do think as well that ISL needs to find a corporate sponsor if they want to keep staff for the running of the site.
I do think its a great site though
6 years ago
reply to Ademelbz's post #127
you're*
6 years ago
reply to Ademelbz's post #127
I*
it's*
6 years ago
reply to Ademelbz's post #128
I*
it's*
6 years ago
reply to morewk's post #131
Touche!! Mr Ademelbz . It's not nice to criticize on this site!!Who dozent make sum mistakes tpying some of da taime!!
6 years ago
Fellow teachers,

Re: Posts #124 to #131

We all know how painful it can be when we have our own use of English picked on - whether we are native English speakers or not.

As a matter of courtesy, may I suggest that if you have to comment on other people's use of English or, in fact, their ability to communicate in English at all, please consider contacting them via their wall and leaving a private message. Far less painful and far less embarrassing.

I am a native English speaker, but I know I make some stupid mistakes sometimes - we all do. Remember, to err is human ...

I apologise to the forum controllers that this entry has no relevance to fundraising and, in future, I will ensure I post my entries on the appropriate sections.

Marg
6 years ago
reply to Marg's post #133
I agree with you. Thanks for your message.
6 years ago
reply to Marg's post #133
Dear Marg,
I agree with you BUT after reading such a rude comment (post # 127) I wanted to show this member that he/she ALSO makes mistakes. As you said, to err is human.
morewk
6 years ago

Dear Peter,

for much time I've been getting much material for my classes and even for myself.
Unfortuunately I couldn't contribute with this page I'm so interested.

Peter, I'm in trouble because I can't get printables that I could once. What should I do?
For instance, I need a page for elementary students about indefinite articles. How should I do?

I really need your answer.

Thanks.
Lúcia
6 years ago
reply to Lcristina's post #136
Dear Lúcia, try broadening your search from indefinite articles to articles to get more results. We've recently added a bunch of new grammar categories, among them many sub-categories (e.g. indefinite articles happens to be a recently added sub category), and we're still waiting for the authors to retag their works. Slowly, as more and more authors add new tags to their existing worksheets, the more useable the search is going to become.
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #137
Hi Peter,
Hope you got answers from Italy - if not, ............I'd be right, then ??? Argg.
If you were to come to Northern France- Normandy - ( nor far from Cherbourg... just by the English Channel )( not English, to our view, He!He! ),
you'd get a tiny bedroom in a small house - for free - ;-)))
No paying fees - just like your site! ;-)))
( ain't she a nuisance ?!!)
Enjoy your holiday, & have some rest - when trying, people should be able to find worksheets, do not worry!!
I know my messages can be unpleasant - but...I always speak my mind. Some say I shouldn't - I sometimes believe them..........But not for long!
:-) :-)
Sylvie ;-) If someone were to correct my English, I'd find it .............soooooooooo funny!!! ( not joking - this time..!!!) I loved the witty answers I've read not long ago : funny, but never rude. My cuppa..........

6 years ago
reply to liette's post #138
Gee! Two mistakes in one sentence.............! She's off!!!
:-((
6 years ago
Hello team ISL Collective,

I hope you are all having a fantastic vacation.
I have just learned how one fundraising platform works and I have supported one initiative. Take a look and maybe you will want to use it for your next fundraiser campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com

Cheers!
6 years ago
reply to liette's post #138
Thanks, Sylvie. I might take you up on your offer one of these days. As for Italy, We're headed out on Saturday and coming back on Tuesday, unfortunately no one from Rome got in touch with me, but maybe next time in another city.
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #141
You've got a pm ...;-)))
Enjoy your break in beautiful Italy!

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!