8 years ago
Hello teachers! I´ve been teaching in Spain for over a year now, mostly one on one, but i've found i spend way too much time preparing all my classes. Yes, there are plenty of online resources, but I spend alot of time selecting the ones I think are best for my students. I also don´t really follow a curriculum or a syllabus, so what I teach is mostly left to my inspiration/imagination. I was wondering if most teachers out there use text books, and if so, which ones do you use? I teach a wide range of students, from adults to children...business english, pre-intermediate, elementary and beginner. Any suggestions? THANKS in advance.
8 years ago
Hi! My teaching experience is similar to yours- teaching one on one from the ABCs to university level. I use a text and a grammar book - supplemented with material from iSLCollective, materials of my own creation, reading books, newspaper articles, and home-made DVDs (TV shows/movies) with English subtitles. Preparation and creation takes forever- but it's all a labor of love. Text suggestions: Junior A and B Level:Toby, Tom, and Lola; Burlington Our World Series 1,2,3. Another good series is Oxford Natural English- a 4 part series with text and workbook. I'm using Oxford FCE Result for B1-B2 level students and Burlington's New Trends for Proficiency level- neither of which I am satisfied with. Satisfactory grammar/vocabulary books are the Macmillan series by Michael Vince.

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!