6 years ago
Uploading problems. My work says "Preview under generation" for long hours.
6 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #1
Isn't there anybody to see about this problem? The front page has stopped for at least since this morning.
6 years ago
You are right. It doesn't work.
6 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #3
We're looking at it to see which upload is causing the problem. Peter
6 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #4
We fixed the problem. Peter
5 years ago
Dear authors!

We've got a glitchy document that broke down the upload engine. We're working on it.
Thanks for your patience!
Peter
5 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #6
Preview glitch fixed. Thanks for your patience!
5 years ago
Hi and happy Easter for everybody,
I have a problem with uploading. I have been trying to upload different worksheets but I can't. I have just realised that the problem is that the size of my worksheets is too large. For the first time I recognize I have paid attention to the size of the file to be upload. Is this something new? I ask about it because I have checked the size of many of my already uploaded worksheets and most of them are even larger than those I am trying to upload now.
Rosa
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #9
Dear Rosa,
we had server problems, but now the site is up and running.
Please try to upload again.
Regards,
iSLCollective Team
5 years ago
I've tried again and I'm afraid the problem persists. It says "the file is too large".
5 years ago
Well, I've just uploaded a 964K file and everything is ok -but it doesn't work with bigger ones.
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #12
Hi,

What size are you trying yo upload? For docs, the limit is 2 MB, for ppt, it's 25 MB.

Peter
4 years ago
As I've never had any problem uploading, I hadn't paid attention to the size of my ws. Some of them have large pictures and that's why I suppose they are larger than 2MB. The message "The file is too large" has appeared recently so I've been compressing images for my last three worksheets with pictures.
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #14
OK, I see now. Actually, we've always had this limit, but for a while it was buggy. Recently we fixed it. Having such a limit in place helps us save money. So thanks for compressing your images.
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #15
Help again and sorry,

I asked this just a few weeks ago, got a good answer but can't find it. How to correct a mistake on a ws and re-submit? I am dumb!
While I'm here, how do you start a new topic? I can see the 'start a new topic' box; the title box appears, but no box to put the message in. I am weak with ICT, please be kind! Sorry to hijack this post.

Lynne
4 years ago
I've got an old proposal: why don't we limit the daily uploading number? Sorry, but I prefer a varied front page.
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #17
Hi Rosa, I am looking at the front page a couple of hours later and it's already varied.
4 years ago
I know I'm not the only uploader who don't like to see the front page taken by the same author. I'd limit the uploading number. But this is just my opinion.
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #19
I agree with you. There should be a limit of 3 per day.
4 years ago
reply to Gotinha's post #20
I agree with you all, I thinks a maximum of three per day would be nice , as is the case on another site.I don't mean to pry ,but when it comes 7 or 8 (today) or even more sometimes , it seems quite unfair to the other authors. But that's the humble oipnion from a girl on holidays!! hugs Sylvie!:)
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #21
Hello to you all and today we have a champion with twelve contributions on the same day!! Isn't a bit too many at the same time?Enjoy your busy Sunday!Sylvie!:)
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #22
Hi Sylviie! I agree with you all,that there should be some limit for uploading number.
4 years ago
reply to tantana's post #23
It's bad manners, isn't it, for one member to hog the front page? Just imagine if you are an author who has put some time into your contribution and it is immediately pushed off the front page. Of course, this may happen anyway, if there are a lot of uploads. And people can obviously look through back pages... On top of this there is the 'most viewed weekly' section. However, it is inconsiderate of members to do this! If any of 'the hoggers' is reading this - please, limit your uploads to 2 or 3 at a time!
Lynne
4 years ago
Hi,
Something is going wrong with uploading...
4 years ago
Hi there,

I was wondering if it's alright to use one of these printouts for a photo in a blog post I'm writing? I would give credit to the author as well as ISL Collective. I just want to make sure these have Creative Commons licenses and it's okay to use elsewhere. I sent a message to the creator of the page but she has not answered me yet.

Thanks for your help!

Michelle
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #24
I completely agree with Lynne. Perhaps Kisdobos could create a standard letter which could be sent to the email box of those who 'hog' the front page (there seems to have been an exponential increase of this phenomena recently), type:" It is general practice on islcollectives, as on many other ESL sites, to upload no more than 3 worksheets per day, in order to give the works of all authors as much visibility as is possible. We would like to take the occasion to thank you for the hard work and effort that you put into the worksheets you upload, and are sure that you will comply with standard practice in future.
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #25
Hello,

I'm really sorry for the delay in answering...is everything ok now?
Regards,
Zsuzsa
4 years ago
reply to Zuzu12's post #28
Hi all.
I've a feeling this is somethng really basic, and the rght button is staring me right in the face, but I can't find it...
How do you 'favourite' a ws?
Lynne
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #29
Dear Lynne,

you can find a small heart in the top left corner of the worksheet, by clicking this icon you can choose your favourite ones.

Best wishes,
Zsuzsa
4 years ago
reply to Zuzu12's post #30
Thank you, Zsuzsa!
Lynne
4 years ago
reply to lesleymisano's post #27
Hi guys!

In the past week I've interviewed a bunch of other Honorary Authors to see how they feel about this: should we limit the number of uploads after 6 years of no change in our upload policy? It seems it is a divisive issue, since a lot of authors don't have any problem with others uploading more than 3 worksheets at a time.

Therefore, I suggest we try to reach some common ground in this question. Maybe we should eliminate the Random worksheets section, and instead display 12 extra worksheets in the Newest resources section? This would provide longer visibility in the front page.

How does this sound?

Also, we are in the middle of redesigning the site to look better on tablets and mobile. If there is anything you would like us to change, now is the time. For example, maybe putting a toplist of most active authors in the current month on the main page? Or anything else?

Bless up,
Peter
4 years ago
Don't you think that 24 worksheets a day is too many for an uploader? Well, perhaps he hasn't finished "sharing" yet...
4 years ago
What really annoys me is that someone who hogged the front page yesterday with 24 worksheets is doing the same today but with duplicated and copyrighted materials. I have already red-flagged them. He is not new here although he hadn't uploaded before. This shoudn't happen.
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #34
Hi Rosa,

I have just red-flagged these materials, too.
4 years ago
Thank you Lynne :)
4 years ago
I have deleted the flagged materials, explained the rules and issued a warning to the user. Please flag all materials that are not original, and I will take care of them, too
Bless up,
Peter
4 years ago
Thanks Peter :)
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #39
There seems to be a problem with uploading. We eill try to fix it ASAP.
Peter
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #41
Happy Birthday Peter! Wishing you all the best!
4 years ago
reply to Mirita1959's post #42
Thanks a lot! :)
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #43
Sorry this has nothing to do with the videos, but the uploading system doesn't seem to work today!!:(((Thanks Sylvie
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #44
Hi, uploading seems to be OK now, right?
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #45
Yes I think is back to normal now , many thanks Peter. Enjoy your day!:)
4 years ago
Hello! Would be better if you reduce the text in description. Uploading was easier faster before. Thank you a lot!
4 years ago
reply to zulia's post #47
Dear Colleague,

it's important to write at least 160 characters because of the google search optimalisation.
Worksheets with 160 characters long description will be shown on google result list.

Best wishes,
Zsuzsa
4 years ago
Hello! I uploaded a worksheet yesterday and the preview is still under generation. Has anyone else had the same problem?
4 years ago
reply to serene's post #49
Me too. The last uploaded worksheet I can see is from August the 10th (In the bathroom). I guess the guys are on holiday, so please be patient.
4 years ago
reply to morewk's post #50
Hi, I uploaded my worksheets on August12th .I thought it was something with my ws .They are still under generation.Morewk you are right they must be on holiday.Hugs from Argentina(We're in winter!! :( )
4 years ago
reply to Mishqui's post #51
Hello Mishqui! Here, in the Canary Islands it is veeeeeery hot. Enjoy your winter!
4 years ago
reply to serene's post #49
Well, now I can tell there is something strange. Some pages have been uploaded but others haven't. I uploaded mine on the 13th and today there are uploaded worksheets from the 15th...
4 years ago
reply to morewk's post #53
Morewk you're right!! I uploaded mine on August12th.There must be something wrong!!!
4 years ago
reply to Mishqui's post #54
Hi everyone,

A tricky Windows upgrade on our servers caused a major disruption in the upload process 3 or 4 days ago and this is how long it took to fix it. Can everyone see their uploads with the corresponding previews among the new worksheets? Sorry about the inconvenience.

Peter
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #55
Everything is OK now, Peter. Thanks a lot!
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #55
Hi Peter, everything is working all right!! Thank you.Hugs from Argentina.
4 years ago
reply to Mishqui's post #57
The power of a 'thank you' is huge! I was wondering whether to bother making new wss as I rarely use them myself. But when I logged on yesterday, there was a message for me - one of my wss had been a homework exercise for a group of kids before a visit to a science museum. Then today, someone found one of my wss, 'just what she had been looking for'. And recently, a teacher used one of my short plays with her group and let me know how much they had enjoyed it. Yes, my little hobby is soooooooo worthwhile and I am grateful to the members who let authors know when they have found contributions useful. It's nice!
Lynne
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #58
Me again. Is it no longer possible to upload teaching tips?
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #59
Dear Lynne,

you can upload teaching tips.
Please choose "upload" in the hamburgermenu ( three sticks in the right corner of the page), select "create a teaching tip" from scroll down submenu.
I hope it helps, if you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact us.
Best wishes,
Zsuzsa
4 years ago
reply to Zuzu12's post #60
Thank you Zsuzsa - I did know but then I forgot!
4 years ago
Hi everybody!
I've just corrected a mistake in one of my worksheets thanks to the mail of a downloader. It's one of the worksheets on the front page: "food and drinks". After so many downloads this summer, this is the first time somebody writes me about the mistake. I really appreciate his help :)
BTW: I wish you all a nice new school year and I agree with MrsFrobisher about the importance of receiving feedback. Thank you all for your comments and recommendations :))
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #58
I am glad you are getting all these great feedback! Please keep sharing your contributions. They have become life savers for many.
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #63
Thanks Peter. I really appreciate that.
Lynne
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #64
Hi to you all, first I wish you a very good new school year to all fellow teachers starting now. Just one question , what about the discussion we had had regarding the number of contributions sent per day per author?
Hugs from sunny Normandy
Sylvie
5 months ago

How do I reload a worksheet? I changed some details in a worksheet and wanted to reload it. It showed "preview under generation". I was trying for hours yesterday and also today. I tried to remove the worksheet and reload it again. It didn't work - it always shows "preview under generation" or a blank page. Thank you.

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!