6 years ago
I am writing because I have been affected recently by a problem in Google Chrome. What happened was that when I typed in islcollective.com into the Chrome browser, the site started loading, then stopped, and there was just a white page. I had to refresh the page (load it again) to access iSLCollective. Has anyone seen this problem?

We read up on it on Google product forums and we may have found the solution in this product forum .

The tip we get here is to "access the settings, then advanced settings, scroll down to "System" and uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" and restart chrome." I prepared some screenshots to help you find this option more easily in the Chrome settings:

1. Open the Chrome browser. Click on the icon that looks like three horizontal matches. It will pull down the Chrome menu. Click on Settings.

2. On the new page (chrome://settings), click on Show advanced settings at the bottom.

3. Next, remove the checkmark from the box that says Use hardware acceleration when available.
4. Finally, close and restart the browser, and hopefully the loading problem will be gone.

This trick seems to be working so far. I haven't seen the blank page ever since I made this setting.

Bless up,
Peter

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!