5 years ago
I can´t download any ws.
5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #1
Me too, unable to download worksheets. Is there a server problem? Glad it isn´t just me..

xx
5 years ago

OH! I CAN'T DOWNLOAD..... WHAT HAPPEN??? :(

5 years ago
cgh cgh
Same problem here. Does anyone know what's going on? Are the servers down?
5 years ago
Yes, you're right- all you get is that 404 error. I've alerted Peter- but it's Sunday evening- so you'll have to be patient.
5 years ago
reply to Mariajesusgio's post #3
FYI guys, although you can't download at the moment the direct print option still works, so if you need it urgently for tomorrow that may help you.x
5 years ago
There's still that 404 error
5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #7
1. Go to the preview
2. Click on "COPY"
3. Go to WORD
4. Click on "PASTE"
and there you have your worksheet.
5 years ago
I'm very sorry about this. We were notified on Sunday evening. I can't do much about it right now. We'll fix this on Monday morning whatever is causing it. Until then please use the print button.

Bless up,
Peter
5 years ago
Dear Peter (Kisdobos),

I'm awfully sorry to be bothering you, but something seems to be wrong with the site.

I have uploaded a theory sheet in form of a .docx file, which shows up among my other resources, but the preview wouldn't load. Assuming something was wrong with my Internet, I deleted the file and uploaded it again, much to my regret with the same result.

I'm further surprised to notice that no worksheets have showed up on the front page since about 6 p.m, which is quite unusual.

Maybe it's just me and everything's fine :) Sorry again to waste your time reading my message, but I thought I'd tell you.

Sincerely

goodwin

5 years ago
reply to goodwin's post #10
you're right, everything has stopped.
5 years ago
reply to goodwin's post #10

Hi,
Thanks for writing! We'll be looking at it and fixing the previews as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can upload worksheets. When the preview generation is back up and running, all the previews will be showing. Thanks for your patience.

Bless up, Peter

5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #11
I am glad to say that the preview generation is back to normal. Peter
5 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #13
Thanks a million :-)
5 years ago
Dear Peter,

I'm sorry to bother you with this nonsense, but I can't help noticing someone downloading one of my worksheets ("Strange Lifestyles") dozens of times in a row.

Not that I feel in any way unhonoured, but I really think 370 downloads by now are more than unusual for a WS that had been uploaded just a few hours ago. I don't think it is fair to obtain such attention from - whoever may be my 'fan' - on behalf of us all. Clearly, I wouldn't want any of my WS to become popular in such a way.

I've therefore tried downloading one of my WS twice to see whether both clicks would be counted by the system, which appears to be the case.

Maybe your team could consider working out a solution to avoid misuse of this kind on the platform?

Thanks for all your time reading my message and your efforts in advance!

goodwin
5 years ago
reply to goodwin's post #15
Thanks for the notice. It's a spam robot that got through our firewall. We'll get rid of it, and rectify your download count. We'll look at why multiple downloads count several times toward the download number.
5 years ago
Hi everybody.
I accidentally uploaded the same worksheet twice. How can I delete it?
Thanks for your help.
5 years ago
There are some members who don't know yet the rules about the number of uploadings on the same day, as it is happening to member "antonella8" .
5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #18
Hi mamartins, I agree with you. Some members seem to be running a race. The more ws they upload the more they want...!!
5 years ago
reply to Mishqui's post #19
Nice reply.
5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #18
At least one of that member's ws is copied from here: http://www.detailenglish.com/uploads/image/prepon1.jpg

She uploaded this on August 14. Two others are famous pictures from other esl sites, with minimum input from her. Very annoying! I wonder about her other wss.... Why would anyone want to copy on here as there is nothing to be gained? Strange!

5 years ago
Please red flag any copied worksheets on the worksheet's page. Peter needs 2 red flags to remove a stolen worksheet. I have red flagged the one you refer to. http://www.detailenglish.com/index.php?page=articles&op=readArticle&id=230&title=Prepositions-of-Place-Exercises-With-Pictures
5 years ago
reply to kifissia's post #22
Thank you kifissia for this information. Will do this in future.
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #21
Hi MrsFrosbisher: You're right.Here's another site where that member copied a ws.
http://www.kids-pages.com/folders/worksheets/Home/page9.htm
5 years ago
This worksheet had been mostly copied: https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/london/london/81364. I'm using my mobile phone and I don't know how to red-flag it. I uploaded the original ws as "Melissa's Trip to London".
5 years ago
This worksheet had been mostly copied: https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/london/london/81364. I'm using my mobile phone and I don't know how to red-flag it. I uploaded the original ws as "Melissa's Trip to London".
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #26
I've red flagged it for you. It's easy - just click on the red flag icon along the top of the ws, then copy and paste the url of the ws it is copied from.
5 years ago
Thank you. I'm not very good at using isl on my phone.
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #25
Dear All, let me kindly ask you to please use the red flag button for reporting worksheets, and save this forum for discussions about teaching English. All reports we receive through red flagging are dealt with in a timely manner, none of them go ignored. Thank you, Peter
5 years ago
Sorry, Peter, but I didn't know how to inform other members to report a ws - since two red flags are needed - when I can only use my mobile phone (I'm used to using my laptop and not the phone). Rosa
5 years ago
Dear Rosa,
No need to feel guilty or upset ; just like you, I wonder how I could report a stolen ws - when ..."nothing" seems to be happening here. I didn't know how many "red flags" are needed ; I feel we need a link - just like the one you have provided - to check ...and report / or not.
I've reported many ws which still are on the site - maybe / surely...because there was just one notice ..?
There's even one I've reported many times with a "F.... you" comment / ....It is still here... I sometimes wonder if we are ALL educators on board...
Sooooooooo, I thank you for telling us - even if the Forum seems to be as dead as ever!
But no one needs people like me - I understand!! ;-))
There's no anger - but ...still ...the feeling that "taking without giving" is NOT one of the best of choices..:-(((
From a ...zero-pointer,
Have a great "back-to-school time",
Sylvie
5 years ago
reply to liette's post #33
You'r great. I really feel like you. But we can´t say these things here, isn't it?
5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #34
I can - easily ...But, I've been shot.
I survived.
How about YOU ????
Thx for your comment - People don't seem to use the Forum these days ; a real shame : it's an open window to democracy. Thank you, Peter.
5 years ago
reply to liette's post #35
Me too, but it's Ok. I loved to share, but now it is finished.
5 years ago
reply to mamartins's post #36
The copied worksheet with the URL you given below, has actually been removed, I notice. So that is good. Your wss are wonderful, beautifully presented as well as containing superb content and it would be great to see them on here again.
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #37
of course darlings, that should be 'you have given' or 'you gave.' I do know English, should do as I have been speaking it for (ahem!) a long time, but I'm stuck with one of these nasty little tablets. I want my nice big fat laptop back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
5 years ago
Hi everybody,
The first day at school here in Spain. Summer holidays gone but I won't have to use my nasty mobile phone any more, haha; that's why I haven't uploaded any worksheets these two months - and because I was exhausted as you teachers, of course-.
Thanks everybody for your "thank yous" and recommendations.
Show must go on so... get on with the job!
Rosa
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #39
All the best to you guys going back to school, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for the new academic year! But spare a thought for me and those like me - no job to go back to. All I've got is the gardening, daytime TV, lunch with friends, visits to all those wonderful places I've always meant to visit, etc. It's tough;-))) But I'll manage somehow.
And a little bit of philosophising for you: Enjoy every day and value every student's efforts.
Just to second Rosa a little bit - it's great to get a 'thank you' or a comment about wss, really appreciated.
Hugs,
Lynne
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #40
Hi to you all, I am back to school as well, eh you Lynne , what do you mean by no job to go back to? Have you just entered that famous club of retired people who spend their time in Croatia or Prague ( as some of my retired friends are doing right now). I do hope we will keep seeing your nie comments here and eleswhere!!! ( Ps I love all your avatars) cheers Sylvie
5 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #41
Thank you for asking, Sylvie. I left my school and am planning on going to Peru for their new academic year, which starts in February - I've had an offer from eslprintables member EstherLee to go and work in her school. In the meantime, I am advertising myself as an EAL consultant.... Let's see if I get any work!

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!