5 years ago
I think uploaders shouldn't see any ads, either. They are supportng the site . Am I right ??
5 years ago
reply to james33's post #1
Yes, you are, Those who pay don't need to upload, don't see any ads and so on and so on. Imagine if we all gave money, what would be the use of the site. I think we should have some respect, too.
5 years ago
reply to james33's post #1
Absolutely, I agree. The regular, devoted uploaders should get a special distinction. Dear authors, let us decide on this together. We should decide who to give this special status to. The best X number of uploaders should get it? Or should we tie it to the number of downloads or likes received? And what we should call this status? We used to have "Honorary members" as a distinction in the era when we tried the Premium subscription model. It would make a lot of sense to bring that back now. Bless up, Peter
5 years ago
I agree too - if I may :-S . People who upload so many ws should be granted some sort of distinction - I agree with James about the ads... ;-)
5 years ago
I know that the more people upload new stuff the better... but can anyone stop the person who has monopolised the front page?
5 years ago
I like the ads, don't see the problem with that at all.
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #5
Don't worry, soon there will be new uploads taking over the front page. I just see a problem with the non-informative titles of many of his worksheets.
5 years ago
Thank you Peter. Everything seems to be ok again.
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #5
I know what you mean, Rosa. It's actually inconsiderate for members to upload multiple wss at the same time, taking over the page. It makes me feel like having a go myself - just keep them coming ;-)))) But that would be very silly;-)
5 years ago
Well my friend, take it easy. Tomorrow we both will be here again :)
5 years ago
I can't believe what someone has just written to me as a recommendation to my worksheet "The House": https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/the_house/prepositions-home-rooms/69935. These are her words in Spanish:

"esto no me gusta nada, no sirve para estudiar, estoy perdiendo muchisimo tiempo en poner la recomendaciones, si me piden mas, mno voy a volver a usear esta pagina"

In English: I don't like this at all. It's worthless and I'm losing my time writing recommendations. If I have to write more, I'm not going to use this site any more"

TO JESSICAGARCIAROSA: Recommending is not compulsory. This site is FREE, and it's a site where kind people make an effort sharing their time and work and other people are always polite and grateful when download. I know that her words are just nonsense but I have felt really annoyed when I've read it.
Peter can you please erase her words?
By the way, thanks everybody for your warm words EXCEPT FOR JESSICAGARCIAROSA.
5 years ago
Deleted and forgotten. Thanks to Peter and the team. Have a nice weekend :)
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #12
Well, dear friend,
I guess that's the problem I have with free stuff....;-) Anyway, your " forgotten" word is important : I have told you before how much I love your work ( even if it sounds weird from a zero-pointer...;-)))
My kids are working on a "House project" - and I can tell you your fabulous ws are a must!!!!
Wonderful ws for the kids ; wonderful help for teachers : bravo !
Sylvie
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #11
Well dear Rosa, in Portugal we have a proverb for people like Jessica that says something like this "You are poor and when someone helps you you are not thankful". That's the case. No one has the right to look down on someone's work and effort! If they don't like or don't find useful, just don't download or use the worksheets. As simple as that. We gladly spare those rude comments! Have a nice weekend and many, many thanks for your fantastic ws, that both I and my students love using.
5 years ago
hello to all the ISL 'family'
I can't believe that anyone can be so rude.
All the uploaders are generously giving their efforts freely to everyone, yes some of the worksheets are better than others but at least the weaker teachers are trying and they are making an effort and shouldn't be demoralised. BUT to say it to Rosa whose worksheets are of the highest quality (in my opinion) is just funny.
Rosa, your pages are always eye catching, interesting and most of all informative and judging by all the downloads they receive, I am not the only person who thinks so. Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
5 years ago
When I saw the recommendation I didn't think twice and wrote about it in the forum -a quick-tempered woman, that's me-. I was looking for your support and I got it. Thank you girls! :))
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #16
HI Rosa, sorry about what happened to you, I loooove all your worsheets , you know that already , but yes , there are people who are always quick to criticize, I had a coment not long ago from a New Zealander about one of my ws on GUY FAwkes , saying that it was nonsense and all!!!! So I sent him or her a warm message, telling that as a native speaker , he could probably do better than me! but as she or he is a zero uploader.........!!!
Well keep up the good work , we have the kindness to share our contributions , so we deserve better than this!
Have a good week!:
Sylvie
5 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #17
Hey guys, you sometimes get these no-marks making stupid comments and it's best to ignore them. It's extremely rare on here, thankfully, where loads of people make positive comments.
Now then! You Sylvie, and Rosa, are now featured on the popular contributors panel and so, well done!
And ... erm, also me! I think that's really nice.
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #18
Thanks Lyne for your warm comments, yes we've made it , we have eaten the Big Apple and we are now on the popular author list, thanks Victor , it is a little comfort in those hard times. By the way , there seems to be problems with the uploading system, I have been trying to send things which get no preview , just the ugly red sign, so what's up? And Thanks for eveything!: cheers Sylvie:!))

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!