5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I've often come across really good worksheets here without keys/answers. Would it not be possible for EVERYONE to add them EVERY TIME? It's so easy. We must remember that there are hundreds of teachers here who are not native speakers (like me) and who have problems finding the correct answer especially if the level is high. More people would download your worksheets if the answers were attached.

What do others think?

Janet
5 years ago
Yes, that's a great idea! And now I have to create keys for most of my worksheets- that should keep me busy for awhile. We should all be encouraged to provide keys to our materials- to make it easier for everyone- native and non-native speakers alike.
5 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #1
Hi Janet - I thought you were a Brit! To be honest, I find providing an answer key a real chore. I can understand the need with higher level wss, but that presents its own problems: complex answers, maybe more than one answer possible.... Time consuming for the uploader.
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #3
I AM a Brit! I was thinking of the others Mrs Frobisher!! When I prepare an exercise I make up my sentences first as a whole which I then keep for the key. I then break them up as I want (finding the tense, gap filling, etc...). It was just a thought for all the non-native teachers.

I teach French too, but it's not my first language so from time to time I have doubts - the keys confirm my doubts!

5 years ago
Hi everybody,
I provide an answer sheet most of the times because I find it is an extra-help that can be useful for everybody. Sometimes, as I'm writing the answers, I find typos or I change some sentences or words. I also like preparing an answer key in case I mail my students some extra practice. Finally, I usually plan a key worksheet and then I copy and paste it removing the answers so I find logical to provide the keys. To sum up, I really appreciate the keys and the people who send me a mail when they find a mistake in one of my worksheets. :)

What I cannot find logical is that, being so helpful as we the uploaders are, today the worksheet of the day has 300 downloads and 34 prints so far and only 18 "thank you" comments or 0 favourites. :(
5 years ago
Hi,
I've made a ws about the "new families", that is, divorced parents, because I have not problems but difficulties about teaching little students. I would know if I can upload this ws and how can I send you, just for checking. Thanks
5 years ago
reply to jannabanna's post #1
That's a very good idea Janet! I DO agree!!
Kisses from Argentina.
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #5
Yes, I agree. I have also spoken up about this several times. Maybe every now and then the system should remind users before leaving a worksheet page about the importance of saying thank you. Maybe a popup message. What do you think? Or maybe a message upon login after every ten downloads: "You've downloaded 10 worksheets in a row but haven't thanked any of the authors. If you like a worksheet, please show it by posting a thank you message on the worksheet page. It's not only polite, but it's also how you can reward authors and encourage them to keep sharing their work."

Maybe we should show this educational message to new members too.

Bless up,
Peter
5 years ago
Thank you Peter for your support. I really think that something should be done. The forum is also agonizing. The worksheet I uploaded yesterday has 105 downloads and only 10 "thank yous" and today my worksheet has benn downloaded by 74 people and only 8 of them has written something. So I have to say THANK YOU to my dear friends, those who always make me feel well when I read their pleasing words. :)
Rosa
5 years ago
Oooops! I wanted to say "8 of them have" :))
5 years ago
J'essaie de lancer un débat sur le site français
5 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #10
well, as for thanks this is what I got as a recommendation for one of my works:somebody just type a series of letters on his key board!!!!!!, So what's the use ? if they don't want to say anything!! , . Yet Peter could you please erase that recommenadation from my list, Thank you*Cheers Sylvie
5 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #12
How annoying, Sylvie! Why would someone who has benefited from your work do that!? They probably just didn't think.
I must say, I get such a thrill when a member takes the time and trouble to report back on how they used a ws. Comments like 'my students loved it and they worked without complaining'... To think of a group of students in a far-flung place, working on my worksheet, with their appreciative teacher... That can make my day.
Anyway, Syl, your work is great and we all appreciate your efforts.

Lynne
5 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #12
Hi Sylvie, wrote you a pm.
5 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #14
Hi all, I've made a mistake in my ws on th present continuous- there's a missing letter in a jumbled word. It's doing well and I don't really want to remove it. I seem to remember instructions on how to edit without actually removing the ws, but I can't remember. Can anyone help me please?
Lynne
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #15
Dear Lynne,
you can resubmit a new version of your worksheet by clicking "Edit" below the large preview on the download page of the particular worksheet. Scroll down on the new page, and click on the Resubmit button to upload a corrected version of your worksheet. This way the page and URL (web address) of the worksheet will stay the same, but the downloadable file will be the corrected one.
I hope this helps.
iSLCollective Team
5 years ago
reply to Zuzu12's post #16
Hi Zuzu,

Many thanks for your prompt reply - I've done it. Easy-peasy!

Lynne
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #17
Hi i would like to know if there is a teacher here, who teaches in high school to make a videoconference with one of my rooms and interchange knowledge and native language accents. thanks, best regards
5 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #17
You are welcome :-).

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!