4 years ago
Urgent message:

Some of our ws and ppt were stolen. Please check the following site:

www.eslworksheets.net
4 years ago
Hi Pat,

I've just had a quick look and haven't seen any of mine. Did you have some stolen yourself?

Janet
4 years ago
reply to PATRIALUSITANA's post #1
Hi there,

While this website is really blatant at violating copyright, let me warn you that linking to their site on a big site like islcollective.com, ironically, just makes them stronger and appear higher in Google search results, since Google takes linking as a sign of prominence and popularity. The more prestige a site has where the link is placed, the more useful it is to the site being linked to. So as long as you don't want to help a rogue website, please refrain from linking to it here.

I think what should be done is authors (and other users who care) should send a message through the site's contact form to remove infringing works (but I guess there are thousands of such uploads, so this may be in vain). Also, authors may try contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or domain provider of the website and request blocking. The ISP or domain provider can be found simply online. I looked it up and the ISP is based in Turkey and called "Ihlas Net".

It seems the whole site is based on its creator's anonymity, so I think the only real chance of stopping them is to file for blocking of access with their ISP. While I am not familiar with laws in internet laws in Turkey but I think the more people request blocking, the better the chance that the ISP will take action.

Bless up,
Peter
4 years ago

Hi Peter,
How could we do it? This is rather advanced for me (ISP, blocking,...). Could you give us some simple instructions? I agree with you about this only effective solution.
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #3
hi Peter it's me again, sorry , but there seems to be persisting problems in the uploading and preview generation systems . Don't know if you can arrange this , but thanks for trying anyawy!: cheers Sylvie
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #5
Hi Sylvie,
It seems it's OK now. Big docs take a while to generate. Is that what you mean? If not, could you please clarify?
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #5
Hi, I will try to give instructions soon, but too much is happening at the same time and I need a bit of time ...
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #6
Well I mean it is not a question of size because my docs are below the 1 000ko limit (for ESL prinatbles) and yesterday I had to try 4 or 5 times to get my doc right and I think other people had the same problems since the number of new documents is rather low these days and you see that red circle on some of them. So I don't know........, anyway thanks for your great work keeping up the site , cheers Sylvie
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #8
We seem to have problems with the preview of some docs.. which worked fine yesterday. Now you can just preview them by clicking on them. Can that be fixed? Best Regards, Carlos
4 years ago
reply to loveteaching's post #9
Dear Carlos,

sorry for the delay in answering!
We checked it, and is seems to be ok now.
Please try to upload again.

Regards,
Zsuzsa
4 years ago
reply to sylviepieddaignel's post #8
Hi Sylvie,

I don't really know what it was. Please try to reach me as it is happening next time (for example on Skype - I'm leon.idas there), and maybe then we have a better chance of catching whatever bug is doing it. We're trying to fix the constant breakdowns in preview generation. We're rewriting the system, and I can only hope it will be more reliable than this one.

I'm sorry about all this inconvenience. I'm also saddened by the fact that we're seeing fewer uploads these days. It sounds like the reflection of an unrewarding or unsatisfactory experience for authors. What is the root cause of it and how could the trend be turned around?

I've pushed a popup notification recently to remind users to say thank you to authors, I don't know if it actually resulted in more thank yous. I guess more thanks yous is something that would give authors a more rewarding experience.

Please clue me in on what is going on in the uploader world.

Thanks
Peter

Peter
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #11
Hi guys,

About there being fewer uploads these days - is it possibly because of the predominance of 5 or 6 authors? Maybe this is a bit disheartening for 'ordinary' authors who feel they're never going to get a chance of having their wss feature as worksheet of the day, or reaching the most uploaded section? Not that there's anything to do about it....Just wondering...
4 years ago
reply to MrsFrobisher's post #12
Well maybe it is because the school year is getting closer in some parts, I for example am soon going to stop sending things and start all over in September. Yet sometimes some uploaders send five or six contributions in a row!!!!!. But I see it is the same on ESL and people don't upload thinking it won't get downloaded. I for sure won't sent anything in July or August!!!So holidays are coming!:)))Hugs from Normandy in desperate weather. A worksheet making weather!!!Sylvie
4 years ago
reply to rmartinandres's post #4
Hi,

As regards the rogue ESL website publishing everyone's worksheets without permission:

Here's the instructions how to fight back:

Here you can see the ISP that is hosting their stuff online:
http://eslworksheets.net.websiteoutlook.com/

Server IP: 213.238.178.101
Server Location: Turkey
ISP: Ihlas Net
Their website is: http://www.ihlas.net.tr/
You can contact them with the blocking request at [email protected]

I suggest you rally people on ESLPrintables as they have a larger active forum.
Get as many people as possible to send a blocking request.

You should also create a Facebook group to gather everyone who is willing to support this cause, and to coordinate actions.

If there are Turkish members, especially with lawyer spouses, they should advise on the Turkish laws, because they are operating under Turkish laws, and it may help to know which law to refer to.

This is as much as I can help right now. I hope it helps.

Bless up,
Peter
4 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #15
Sorry to step in here with a different subject, but how do I email another author now? I wanted to point out something to loveteaching about a wks, but can now only find 'the wall' as means of communication.
4 years ago
reply to lesleymisano's post #16
Hi, true. It disappeared accidentally. Will put it back ASAP.
4 years ago
reply to lesleymisano's post #16
hello ;dear .plz tell me how to download worksheets .i'm lost

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!