7 years ago
Dear members!

I have just received the following message (which was actually praised my a native speaker in a different site....)

TexasTeacher TexasTeacher send message
THE WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY - GEORGE EASTMAN - FATHER OF KODAK
The text is rather out of order. Your instructions don't mention if students are supposed to put some of the paragraphs into the correct order

SO DON'T BOTHER DOWNLOAD N»MY WORK!!! THANKS! I AM ACTUALLY CONSIDERING DELETING ALL MY WS AND PPTS AND SIMPLY USE THIS SITE TO USE OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK; LIKE SO MANY DO::::::
7 years ago
reply to PATRIALUSITANA's post #1
Dear Patrialusitana,
I think you shouldn't feel bothered by just one discouraging comment. Lots of people here like your works and appreacite them. However if you have already set your mind,I can't say more. With my kind regards..
7 years ago
Maybe....we shouldn't post personal messages - whatever the content ....? I know some can be very upsetting, & I for sure would not appreciate. But, ...what's the point of posting it here ? Maybe a private message to say you don't really understand would be enough, without throwing names in here...
I do agree with Mobscene ; don't feel upset with - just - one comment - & keep on sharing ;-)))
( though I know I'd be the last one to give advice - obviously ;-)))
This site is just fantastic, because we can ALL share our work, & - as far as I am concerned - find wonderful ws & ppts, and colleagues to build up great exchanges!! I do also love the 'no points needed ' option...
Just give it a thought ;-)

BTW, I love the "you're an angel" thingy ( ie : when you've donated) : so nice when you log in!!! ;-))
Sylvie
7 years ago
Don´t care about the message. You should know that there are so disgusting people I love your work and some of your worksheets have been very useful for me. Be confident!
7 years ago
Dear Patrialusitana,

You are an important author of this site for many many users. You received almost 110,000 downloads, and more than 1,800 likes altogether, not mentioning the thousands of "thank you" comments for your work.

This is what matters:)

adam
7 years ago
First of all, no matter how good your worksheets are or how many likes you have, there will always be a lone negative comment on a worksheets. It could be genuine, it could be from a troll, it could be sent without thinking.

Anyway, which is better: looking at the overwhelming positive feedback or focus on that lone comment and get depressed by it? I think the answer is clear.

Also, if it is a case of cyber bullying, should we just throw in the towel or stand up for ourselves? Again, the answer is clear.

Btw, if everyone just took and never contributed, sites like these would simply not exist. Nobody is forced to contribute or to pay for downloads, which makes it all the better as there are a lot fewer low quality contributions and uploaded worksheets are submitted by dedicated teachers.

Either simply ignore the occasional negative comments or reply to the commenter with a private message. Just my two cents.
7 years ago
Dear all,

While I can understand how the comment made was upsetting we should consider the flip side which is constructive criticism. In this instance, none has been invited and its' bluntness has understandbly upset Patrialusitana.

I am very impressed by those who have created and shared worksheets, especially by those who have English as a second language, my question however is this; Would you prefer to share an inperfect worksheet and be none the wiser or have feedback and make the improvements?

Going forward, I think it would be benficial to have an optional feedback button for those uploaders who are interested. What are your thoughts?

Jem
7 years ago
Dear Patrialusitana,
who cares if a person that has shared one ws compared to the lot you've contributed says sth like this. Might be envy. We don't know what's wrong with him / her.

@Jem/jumjum:
Many here only take, don't share or even donate. They don't contribute, so why should they be in a position to pick at work done by others?

Gerlinde

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!