9 years ago
I have just begun teaching a Conversational English class to adults from many countries. The goal is to sit and chat, so that each person will be practicing their English skills, and the entire group will learn from each person's expressions and conversation. Any help, ideas, parts of this website that might help?
9 years ago
lizcwizard

Try downloading the Let's Talk About Series from the site. It worked wonders for my adults.
I find that if my students know more words then conversations come easier. It also gives the students something to talk about since they learn more with group effort.
Hope it helps.

Regards
Erik
9 years ago
Is there any way to incorporate tv shows? Perhaps that could always be a good icebreaker . . .
9 years ago
9 years ago
9 years ago
reply to liette's post #5
Dear liette!

Thank you for the sites -- very useful.
Have a nice summer!
9 years ago
reply to apf80's post #3
If you want to try and learn through video this website is pretty good. Study the videos word by word at your own pace and have a conversation after it.

http://www.englishcentral.com/videos#/popular/all/all
9 years ago
reply to syme's post #7
I would like to recommend my yt channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t6zJOpz_UU&list=PLvaMp63fxIRzpeHryABFm6kzxEAoOuRhi where I intend to study English online. Focus will be on vocabulary and everyday spoken language plus I'm going to make use of the lastest visual aids. Be sure to check the site, my dear friends and follow me. You may also show it to your students. Thank you so much and all the best!
9 years ago
reply to pkawalek's post #8
Obviously, I intend to teach English online not study it. Sorry for that small yet noticeable mistake;)
9 years ago
Hi
You are doing a great job! I can'st imagine what I would without these nice handouts. Students enjoy them very much!
Thank you very much!
9 years ago
reply to lizcwizard's post #1
I have 7 years experiences of teaching Thai as a second language, what would help you is making some quizzes in small flahcards and let them take each of them (randomly) let them to ask anybody in the class. This way will help them speak and I think it's fun :)
9 years ago
reply to lizcwizard's post #1
Photos can be useful.
Use wedding and family photos and encourage the students to ask questions.
Who? When? Where?
Of course you don't need to use personal photos, but some students might like to bring and share a photo of their own.
Magazines provide material for discussion, as do newspaper articles.
Discuss and if possible share some food from each srtudent's country.
9 years ago
Hi everyone....
I teach in an elementary school in indonesia. since we're in indonesia, the kids tend to speak their motherlanguage at school. I need some advices how to increase their ability or encourage them to have conversation outside and inside the classroom. thanks before.
9 years ago
reply to Watcha's post #11
hi ,mrs watcha . I am a teacher from Indonesia . I want to share about how to encourage my students in order to learn English more enjoyfull , specally in speaking . Would you give me some sugestion or Tips ?
9 years ago
reply to goes's post #14

Hello, I'm Miss Nelly from Argentina, I'm a training teacher and recently Ive attended to a very useful course with Grace Bertolini, a wonderful lecturer and Argentinian teacher. I give you the web page. Hope it to be helpful for you=) http://www.gracebertolini.com.ar/

Regards

9 years ago
reply to goes's post #14
Hi! I have just uploaded a worksheet to develop my students' speaking skills. I hope it's useful for your purpose!
9 years ago
reply to streyita's post #15
Hello Nelly, I´m Victoria from Argentina too. Thanks a lot for the web page, it´s really interesting and useful.
Keep uploading this kind of information! Thnaks!

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!