7 years ago

Hello, everybody! You are all doing great jobs and I found quite a lot of interesting, original material which I have downloaded and which helped me very much in my teaching. However, I have encountered many mistakes, inadmissible for a teacher. We are all human, we all make mistakes! However, there is no excuse for NOT proof-reading the material BEFORE posting. I do correct them before printing but I wish I could correct THE ORIGINAL so that no other teacher encounters them.

My suggestion to the coordinator - please make the material interactive and create a ”save” button so that the correction stays for the benefit of the others!

Also, is there a way of pointing the error personally to the author without causing public embarrassment?

Thank you so much for your input,
​Otilia Rossetti

y! You are all doing great jobs and I found quite a lot of interesting, original material which I have downloaded and which helped me very much in my teaching. However, I have encountered many mistakes, inadmissible for a teacher. We are all human, we all make mistakes! However, there is no excuse for not proof-reading the material BEFORE posting. I do correct them before printing but I wish I could correct THE ORIGINAL so that no other teacher encounters them.

My suggestion to the coordinator - please make the material interactive and create a ”save” button so that the correction stays for the benefit of the others!

Also, is there a way of pointing the error personally to the author without causing public embarrassement?

Thank you so much for your input,
Otilia Rossetti
7 years ago
reply to Otiliar's post #1
Hello! You could send a personal message to the author so that he/she can correct the worksheets.
7 years ago
Hello All! Just like Morewk, I suggest YOU post / send a mail to the author of the ws or PPT, & that's about it. I can easily understand mistakes, even after proof-reading ..... So , what ? Someone has been kind enough to send his /her work, .... Maybe, we can all, after downloading ..., check the page before giving it to our students ...???? Isn't it what you do ?? Here, people are kind enough to send their own work ; maybe, because of the time they've saved for us, we could allow a few mistakes, & correct them - with the eye of someone who hasn't worked that much - but gets a lot...!!! I - personally - do not mind proof reading ws made by others ; in the end, I gained so much time!!! That's why - mind you - I keep praying for word- docs : ie = I / you .... can always change them ! ;-))) Again, agreeing with Morewk, maybe you could send a pm ???? I think asking the TEAM for more, again & again, is not a good solution..... We're all grown-ups, aren't we ??? I've downloaded tons of ws from here - & wonderful PPTs, & I haven't encountered that many mistakes.... Kind regards, Sylvie Kind regards, Sylvie
7 years ago
reply to liette's post #3
I completely agree with my friends Liette and Morewk. I do read my texts and try to be extra careful before sending my work but still there may be some mistakes.Mostly I prepare ppt games and you all know that there are a lot of details to be taken care of while making these games. (Animations,the cliparts,the sound effects etc.) These reasons can't be excuses for making errors for sure, but I think we can be more tolerant,can't we?:)
7 years ago
Dear Mobscene, I - for sure - will NEVER ask you for more . How could I ? YOu - & many others here , ex Herber... have been such a help with my teaching that I DO excuse you if you were to make a little mistake! ;-))) Some day - I expect - I will be able to send you all your wonderful work back - but, be patient, please ;-))) Thx ever so much for your wonderful PPTs; my kids - & I - just love them!!! & I thank you for them! I'm glad to tell you how happy we all are with your lovely job!! Thanks!! ;-))) Sylvie
7 years ago
reply to liette's post #5
Dear Sylvie, thank you so much for your nice comments!!:) I feel lucky to get to know such amazing and kind people like you on this great site! And I am looking forward to your coming works!!:) Thank you so much again, it makes me feel amazing to know that a wonderful teacher from another country (you know who are these people:)) benefit from my work! Have a great evening!
7 years ago
reply to mobscene123's post #4
Hi all! Thank you so much for your kind replies! I apologize if I offended anyone and as I was saying I do appreciate and I AM very grateful for all the fantastic material. All I wanted was to be able to correct AND save the changes for the benefit of everyone...

Than you again and please go on with the wonderful job!

Otilia
7 years ago
Hello Otilia,
Pleade, do not apologize! I think you haven't offended anyone ...;-)) + I think "comments" are useful & help us all...I quite agree with you that we all should be very careful with the ws we upload here ;-)))
Have a nice weekend!
Sylvie
7 years ago
reply to liette's post #8
Hi everyone,
I didn't expect to be so succesful when I joined this site last January. It's a pleasure for me to know that students around the world enjoy my works as my students do. Thank you so much for downloading and for your warm and kind words. Please, feel free to send me any comment or suggestion on my works. I'm really glad to see they inspire and encourage other teachers to make and share their own works. I think this is the way we can improve our job and our pupils learning. Have a nice weekend ;)
7 years ago
reply to Herber's post #9
Sorry, as you know, successful is the right spelling :)
7 years ago
reply to Herber's post #9
I downloaded, "Blocks" and got a memory dump crash which ruined a new project I was working on (6 hours worth). After openning the powerpoint a second time, I didn't see anything that would be or may be embedded into the powerpoint that would cause this. Maybe there is something else on my computer that is causing this error. I will run a virus check on everything and let you know if it wasn't something else.

Thanks for your work!

John

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!