7 years ago
Hi Guys, Looking for a little help! I currently work in Palma Mallorca as a language assistant for 2 schools. I have a couple of private classes that are basically for children ranging from 7-13. However I have just been given another class with adults aged 30. They want to go from the beginning and hoping someone can point me in the right direction of what I should actually start from without being patronising!!! Any help will be appreciated! Laura :)
7 years ago
focus on what 30 year olds would like to be able to say. Maybe start with being able to introduce themselves.name age where they work/study.what they like to do etc.then maybe some stuff on ordering food or drinks giving directions etc.Practical stuff.Then maybe they can ask each other easy do like/can you questions to each other.Get them used to speaking english so the are not scared by it.ITs not so much different to the youngers kids and the adults can read easier maybe. also try some easy songs where they can fill in the blanks of the lyrics. Also maybe teach them some set \phrases like thats great/Too bad/ of course etc things we use everyday.If i can help more send me a mail and god luck

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!