10 years ago
HI

why all the worksheets docx type ? NOT EVERY BODY CAN OPEN THEM

I downloaded a worksheet but couldn't open it . so what's the use of being a member !!!!!!!!
10 years ago
reply to lamiss's post #1
Not every worksheet is in docx format. None of mine are because I refuse to refuse to use this white elephant from Microsoft. Members who do use newer versions of Word can indeed upload docx if they want. Maybe we should have a notice indicating which format the ws is made in?
10 years ago
Yes, this is true. We might need PDF formats or DOC
10 years ago
Hi lamiss!

Try installing Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word. You can download it for free here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466 This will surely solve your problem.

10 years ago
Dear Lamiss,

I hope your problem is now solved with newer types of .doc files.

I also hope that you did not forget to thank the authors for their generous contributions.

Please also consider uploading some of your worksheets if you feel ready to share your treasures with other teachers.

adam

co-founder
10 years ago
hello everybody

thank you for your interest I will take your advice into consideration

thanks again for being helpful :)
10 years ago
Hi guys! There is a great FREE online file conversion (doc -> docx or docx -> doc)

http://www.zamzar.com/

I hope that I help you!
10 years ago
reply to vbarcellos's post #7
Thanks, I'll put this link in the FAQ.
10 years ago
reply to PhilipR's post #2
Thank you Philip, good idea. I'll keep this on the shelf. There's a bunch of things we're developing at the moment, but when we get those done, we'll small icons for doc/docx/ppt/pptx.
10 years ago
There are advantages to using .docx files. If you dont have a version of office that can open it, maybe you should consider using something like OpenOffice? It's an open source office suite that is capable of reading and creating .docx. You can download it for free at www.openoffice.org

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!