9 years ago
Dear Colleagues!

I would like to increase our presence on Twitter. I used to post links and iSL worksheets on the twitter stream of the English, German, Spanish sections, but I have too much on my plate now to keep it up. Actually, I haven't twittered for half a year, while every day there are a lot of new people who follow iSL but get no new tweets from us.

Is there anyone among you who would like to help out in that? I'm looking for someone who could post the "worksheet of the day" (hopefully) every day or every other day, and sometimes perhaps useful teaching links.

In return, I will include your name in the About us section as an iSL volunteer.

Of course, like in case of our other dear volunteers, there's no commitment. If you start doing it, and then get too busy to continue it, you can hand over the task to someone else.

There's a separate Twitter stream for each language platform. So ideally, I'm looking for one volunteer for each section.

Please reply to this post, if you would like to help out.

Bless up,
Peter

PS
Dear moderators, could you please post this announcement to your platform? Thank you!

9 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #1
Thank you for your request
I'll try to create the new worksheet as much as I can and I also think my worksheet will helps other English teacher to teach their student
9 years ago
I don't tweet, but can I do it on Facebook?
9 years ago
reply to borna's post #3
Yes, actually. Thank you! The current iSL Facebook page was inadvertently tied to my own profile on FB. So I created a new page in the category: Company/Organization. Now that's a proper FB page where I could add you as an admin. Now you can log in with your FB pass.

The temporary address is:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ISLCollective/339147692793739

We need to collect 25 fans for the new page, and then the URL will become http://www.facebook.com/ISLCollective. The old FB page has more than 600 fans. I will see if I can send them a circular to let them know that we have a new page so if they want they can become fans for the new page if they wish.

Thank you, in advance!

Peter
9 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #4
great, the new FB page is already active! : ))
9 years ago
Hi Peter. I went to the FB page above and "liked" it but I couldn't see anywhere to become a fan. Am I missing something? By the way, love the speed of the site now.
Thanks, Sue-Ellen
9 years ago
reply to MCBGC's post #6
Hi Sue-Ellen, yes that's it! thanks. I'm glad that the speed is all good now!
9 years ago
I would have no problem in volunteering, it'd be great. (for the English platform)
Send me an email if you agree, jua[email protected]
9 years ago
reply to therocketking's post #8
Hi rocketking, thanks for volunteering for the English. I sent you an email.
9 years ago
Great, we have the final user name for the new Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/iSLCollective
9 years ago
I have already followed this site on my tweeter and I'd be glad to volunteer here. Thanks a lot, please email me as the reply.
9 years ago
my email is [email protected]
9 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #10
We have a new Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/iSLCollective

If you'd like to get the English "Worksheet of the Day" posted on your Facebook wall regularly, please "like" the new page. This is also a good way to spread the word about iSLCollective if you think other colleagues should also know about the free teaching resources we host.

As opposed to the old page, where I never posted anything, the new iSLCollective Facebook page will get fresh content every day. Thanks Sasa for doing it! The reason we had to create a new page was that the old one was technically a facebook blog, so I couldn't add other admins to it.

The new Facebook page has now replaced the old one on the right panel. I couldn't figure out how to notify the "fans" of the old page, since I couldn't find a messaging function there. Anyone can help me with that?

Also, if you guys can help me with how to create new "tabs" on the Facebook page for our other languages, we can broaden the updated content with the German, French, Spanish "Worksheets of the Day." Until then, the FB page will only host links to the best English worksheets.

Peter
9 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #13
You're welcome! : ))
9 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #13
Hi Peter,

I just want to help with finding a solution for notifying the fans of the old page.
You can simply publish the link of the new page on the old page's wall.. then, the publication will occur on the fans' home pages, you can publish it many times in order to intensify its occurrence.
If not I'll try to help with another tip, if possible.
9 years ago
reply to jamila's post #15
Thanks jamila, I will do that. Funny I didn't think of that, it's so obvious. What's your other tip?
9 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #16
ah, ok!

you can create a personal account having the same name as the page: isl Collective (for that an account's name must have two separate parts!).. then, you simply send invitations to all the fans ( keep a list of their URLs in order to save the same fans) or simply send them messages (possible for personal accounts).
note: you should publish the link for the new page on your wall + notification, or send it as a message to your fans. :)
I can create this account & do it for you, it's so simple!
this is my tip, hope to be helpful!
9 years ago
Dear Colleagues!

I'm glad that we've already found helpers to update our English Twitter stream available at http://www.twitter.com/iSLCollectiveEN , and also for the German one (http://www.twitter.com/iSLCollectiveDE)
Juan Pablo and Anna are doing a great job updating them regularly with the "Worksheet of the day" and other useful links. You can check them out in the About us section.

We're still looking for helpers for the Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian twitters. No hard commitment, if you help and become too busy to continue, we can hand over the task to someone else.

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!