8 years ago
Today I got another similar message from another spam robot. In case you're not so familiar with spamming, these are not actual people trying to flirt with users here, but robots that send template emails to millions of internet users around the world. Then the people who operate this automatic emailing scheme will try to scam the very tiny percentage of people who do answer their emails.

Anyways, it seems these robots (i.e. computer programs) are getting more intelligent, and some of them can pass through our existing CAPTCHA system (currently you have to type in the 4 numbers you see before you can send an email). We have started looking for another, more complex one. I'll get back to you ASAP on this. Thank you for your patience.

Peter
8 years ago
We replaced the old CAPTCHA with a newer version, which is widely used across the web. Hope it will keep out more of the spamming programs.

Please be aware that there is no unbreakable CAPTCHA as of yet, and the best we can hope for is to see fewer spam messages inside the gates. As usual, we will remove such accounts when we get a report from you.

Let me ask you to not copypaste and post in the forum any spam messages you may receive. Instead, let the admins know in private and we will take action as soon as we get your notification.

Bless up,
Peter
8 years ago
I need some lessons on Proxemics for an adult classroom....help ..send what have to [email protected]
8 years ago
Hi Peter & All,
You'll never believe it, but I failed my first ..'attempt' !! Ha! Ha! ( I kept clicking when I was supposed to get things move to the right place!) I love it!! It's so funny, & there's always a " thingy" telling me I'm a human!!
I prefer it to the distorted letters, for sure! ;-))
technical Sylv' ( ie : A human.......) ( maybe too much, sometimes.......;on second thought)
8 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #4
I prefer the playful ones to the hard to identify letters. So, please, keep this kind of security check.
8 years ago
You have probably noticed by now that for writing internal mails, we've replaced the "Securimage" captcha with a playful one provided by http://areyouahuman.com. We're doing a test a run for a few months on the English platform to see how it's working out. (For registration, we've kept the Securimage captcha.)

There are a variety of games, e.g. parking a car in the parking lot, instead of the usual distorted letters.

I'd appreciate some feedback from you. Please vote on the right: How do you like the playful captcha?

Bless up,
Peter

8 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #7
Hi there! Anything, but anything, is better than those horrible scrambled letters! I always have to go through several options before I find one I can actually read. This looks fun, too!
8 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #7
Great change! Like a previous poster said, it is often impossible for humans to read the word captchas.

BTW, could we have the pinned posts concerning Facebook and Twitter removed and replaced by a smaller button or sidebar? These posts take up a lot of space and I think everyone knows by now.

I know it's early days for a Xmas list, but maybe we could have the Members - most downloaded -section fixed too.

Looking forward to more great changes.
8 years ago
reply to PhilipR's post #9
Hi Philip! I replaced the two large posts with a small one. Hope it looks better! I'll get back to you about the most downloaded section soon. Bless up, Peter
8 years ago
POLL RESULTS

I'd like to reflect on the poll results a little bit concerning the new playful captcha we have for writing in-mails. (http://www.twiigs.com/poll/Education/98486) I'm glad to see that an overwhelming majority (67%) prefers the playful version to distorted letters, so we will keep it. We'll have to wait for the program to support other languages, though, so on our other platforms we will have to keep Securimage until then.

Bless up,
Peter

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!