8 years ago
Dear Colleagues,

Due to a substantial increase in the number of daily users, we're experiencing slower (slow) loading times.

We're doing our best to stop loading from slowing down even more, but I cannot guarantee that the site will be accessible at all times of day. I suggest if you need something for your classes, you should download the files well before your class to avoid unpleasant surprises.

It seems soon we will have to upgrade again and purchase a more powerful internet hosting package.

Bless up,
Peter

8 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #1
It's all due to the incredible success of your site - BRAVO !! And we ALL understand!!

Janet
8 years ago
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 years ago
Dear Colleagues,

In this very moment there are 201,995 registered members of iSLCollective.com, about 80 thousand more than in early May. Actually, if I would wait a couple more minutes, I could announce the 202 thousandth member; that is how fast our membership is growing, meaning about 500-700 new members a day.

This was the reason behind the slowing loading times, which you could see in the past two weeks or so. After looking at our options technically, today we purchased a new internet package with twice as much "horsepower" as the previous one, which we think will be enough to serve our needs.

To test the new setup, we would appreciate some feedback from users to see how fast the site loads in various parts of the world. Practically speaking, it would be great if you could measure how many seconds it takes for the main page to load in your location (starting after you type in the URL "islcollective.com" and hit "Enter"). Here's an example for how feedback should look like: "Main page loads in 6.5 seconds, Barcelona, Spain"

We hope everyone is getting a pleasant experience with the site now.

Bless up,
Peter

8 years ago
reply to Kisdobos's post #5
It will not upload atall now, I have been waiting an hour. Having big problems with it.
8 years ago
reply to gazzo's post #6
Sorry, the upload problem was due to the server change. Now it's OK. Peter
8 years ago
Things seem ok to me, the front page loads up fast enough. I am using a VPN to connect in China and my connection is generally not that good, but here it's all good.
8 years ago
Canada - main page loads in 6 seconds.
8 years ago
Goias, Brazil - main page loads in 8 seconds (on Mozilla Firefox)
8 years ago
reply to Emmanuella's post #10
this my assignment

8 years ago
Madrid, Spain. Main page loads in 5.5 secons (on Google Chrome)
8 years ago
Thanks Peter. Load time 5 seconds w/firefox in Bangkok.
8 years ago
Hej Peter!
(Sweden) - main page loads in 3 seconds (on Mozilla Firefox)
8 years ago
Hi Peter,

3.5 in Mexico
8 years ago
reply to ioli6's post #15
Hi,
In Denmark, where I am, I have experienced incredible long loading times. It has made me give up on several occasions. :-(
8 years ago
Hi Peter & team.
Here in France : 3 seconds........;;! Bravo!!
( & thanx a bunch ;-)))
8 years ago
Hello, here in Belgium, before it was incredibly fast, and now no loading and no sharing is possible
8 years ago
Same here! ;-S Just right now, I cannot access the ws page, nor can I upload........Maybe too many people logging in ???
( 'they ' call it : Price for success .....in my country ;-))
8 years ago
Hi Peter & team.
Here in France : 3 seconds........;;! Bravo!!
( & thanx a bunch ;-)))
Hello dear friend. Doesn't technology make us miserable in a few seconds. I am only trying to see the funnier side and hope you don't mind.
8 years ago
Main page loads in 2 seconds, São Bernardo, Brazil. Thanks a lot =]
8 years ago
Gave up downloading yesterday around 6pm, however, when I uploaded in the morning it went pretty fast
8 years ago
Prague - 4 seconds. super fast!
8 years ago
Hi Maker 1 :-)))
I know it was funny! Everything went down - JUST after I had written the first message!! LOL!
Sylvie ;-)
8 years ago
Thank you very much for the good effort. :)
8 years ago
Thank you very much, works a lot better now.
Norway, 4.5 seconds.
8 years ago
Japan 1 second!! hayaii ne
8 years ago
hello, I am new here, and whats more i am not good at downloading, therefore i am asking , why i cant download anything today but yesterday i could, do i have to pay sth if i want to download more copies?pls help
8 years ago
Really fast in Montreal, Quebec. . .2 seconds.
8 years ago
"Main page loads in 4 seconds, Brazil"
8 years ago
Hello All,

Signing in from Saudi Arabia. When I click on documents to download, the place where the file should be goes blank and then it says ''done'' at the bottom. This has happened all day today.

Best, Ben
8 years ago
I can´t download any german worksheets . Is there a problem ?
8 years ago
;-)
Step one : Breathe deeply.
Step two : Have a nice walk outside.
Step three : Come back here, click on the Donate button. ;-)
Step four : Never forget that the people in charge here are teachers - just like us!
We all know they are dealing with the problem, don't we ?
Have a great weekend,
Sylvie ;-)
8 years ago
i can't download.please help me
8 years ago
reply to BenSEC's post #38
hey...signing in from Israel, experiencing the same problem as described above....
8 years ago
reply to ayardt's post #42
Hi dear all,

Apparently we have to deal with some tehnical issues. This broke-down can be related to our recent modification in the code to speed up the site.

Today is Staurday which means it could take us a litte more time to solve this issue than normally.

Please be patient,

adam
8 years ago
reply to laszload's post #43
You can enjoy the site again, problem solved.:)

adam
8 years ago
Hey! Adam!
Do you & Peter happen to have a weekend off - sometimes ? ;-))
I DO hope people will donate! Thx for everything - & ....Bravo!
Sylv'
Please, People, donate....... Even a small contribution can help. I'll JUST remind you that you can download ws for free, find colleagues from all over the world to start exchanges, partnership, etc! Find answers to your questions on the Forum, find useful links to help you with your teaching .........
If - ever...- you log in every day; if - ever - you download lots of ws from here; if - ever! - you were desperate when the site was down..........Could you please send a few euros ??
Thank you.
( OK! ouch! She's off!)
8 years ago
Hi Peter,

I have recently discovered this site and have been pleasantly surprised. It is awesome! Thank you for all the work you do.

Main page loads in 1.5 seconds. I am in Frankfurt, Germany.

Kind regards,

Shimmergirl
8 years ago
9 seconds
Chengdu, China
8 years ago
korea.8seconds. Thank you for this site. It's really help us a lot.
8 years ago
hello i'm, mongoian i'm an english teacher so i'm very glad for your site and i 'd like to share with you my experiences
8 years ago
Hi Peter,
my main page loads in 10secs, Ha Noi, Vietnam. Thanks for this fantastic site.
8 years ago
Main page load in 6,8 seconds. Santiago, Chile
8 years ago
From Turkey less than 2 seconds. Thanks for everyone's hard work as it makes my life much easier teaching 25 different classes with various ages.

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!