10 years ago
I have some pupils who don't want to learn their weekly glossaries, so I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions on how to make the glossary learning interesting and maybe even funny for them? How do you teach glossaries to your pupils/students?

Thanks for answering!
10 years ago
reply to ksfredriksen's post #1
Jeg legger inn glosene på Quizlet.com. Det liker både elever og foreldre. Hilsen Anne Marit
10 years ago
reply to annaas's post #2
Google translate helped me out here. This is a wonderful site called Quizlet.com where you can make vocabulary flashcards, for example. The site will then create a simple quiz and speed games to practice your new words. It's such fun that I think students would easily and painlessly learn vocabulary. You can also make use of the sets created by others.
10 years ago
Try to connect the words and phrases and make sentences. These sentences should be about the students' experiences or about funny things. Encourage them to create strange and funny sentences. Or you can make a sentence formation competition (pair or group work). They can only use the words from the glossary. I know it's time consuming, but it can be useful before tests.

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!