8 years ago
Hi, my name is Marie Kanke and I'm teaching English at a Japanese junior and senior high school. I'm interested in making my classroom more connected and open to the world and wondering whether anyone of you would like to have joint lessons with my students. (They are 14-16 years old, who are studying English as second language.)
What I'm thinking right now is exchanging video messages, posters (on their favorites or schools) or short stories but these are just ideas.
Please let me know if you are interested in and we can discuss this in detail!
8 years ago
reply to mariek12's post #1
Hello, Marie! My name's Gulmira, I teach English at the language center in Almaty, Kazakhstan. I've got a class of teens too, and I really like your idea on making classes more engaging. Our students could have a live chat via skype for example! It would be very interesting for them to communicate)) What do you think on this?

8 years ago
reply to mariek12's post #1
hello Marie my name is Alejandra and i teach english in primary school in my country uruguay i love the idea that my kids could exchange material or know each others and have contact with kids of other country if you like my idea tell me how to contact and start this experience thank you
8 years ago
8 years ago
hello fellow teachers i thinks its a great idae and i would like to be part of this idae my names janet and i teach in italy i have various groups maybe every now and then we could have a skype interview with the kids let me know ahug to all happy easter friends
8 years ago
I may be interested as well! I'm an American teaching ESL in Taiwan.

-Josh
[email protected]
8 years ago
EDIT: I teach junior high, 13 and 14 year olds (7/8 grade).
8 years ago
EDIT: I teach junior high, 13 and 14 year olds (7/8 grade).
8 years ago
Thanks all for your reply! I'm very thrilled to see so many of you showed interests in having collaborative lessons with my students. Please email me [email protected] so that we can start discussing the project further!
8 years ago
reply to mariek12's post #10
hi ,mariek .I am a teacher in the junior high school ,because I'm in the remote area and my students are interested to enlarge their knowledge .What do you think we make a collaborative in learning writing by sending a letter ? This is my mail [email protected] , i am looking your forward Thank you agus

8 years ago

Dear teachers,

I am in Jakarta and I have tried to do some live shared online classes in the past, but scheduling was always a problem. When my students were available, the other classes were not. It's a great idea, and very beneficial for both teachers and students.

I have ideas on how to try to get around this, but for (my) young students living in Jakarta it's virtually impossible to do this unless the other class is in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, or Vietnam, for example. (There are so many technical problems here in Jakarta, plus anything after school is virtually impossible because of the horrendous traffic problems.) Unfortunately, my (potential) partner schools were many time zones away.

I commend you for your interest in this project, and I wish you success. I wish my students could have benefited from this. Hopefully, next year with changes in my school they will!

Good luck!

Steeve

You're not a member yet.
Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ?
You're not a member yet.
Congrats, you're now a member here, too. :) Please wait until page is refreshed!