4) GAME – BUY ME – SELL ME (pair work)
- Cut out a set of Appearance Exchange Cards so everyone has 4-5 cards (it depends on the number of SS, make more cards if needed, just remember that everyone must have the same number of cards on hand)
- Divide the class into pairs, and have them discuss in what top-5 ways would their dream
partner look like, and 5 ways a partner from hell would look like (using new words). SS also use to be and Present Simple to describe their partners.
- SS have Appearance Exchange Cards, whether good or bad and they must try and sell them to the group (one appearance card for another one)
- SS must think about cards, and what’s positive about it even if they are disgusting.
- 1 important rule – SS cannot keep their cards. They must sell their cards, and buy new ones. When the game begins they walk around the room and try to barter cards with everybody.
(# - Hello. I have something interesting for you. Look, your girl has wrinkles.
- Hi. No, I don’t want a girl with wrinkles. She is old. I want to have a young large-breasted girl.
- Oh, you don’t understand. All kind and funny girls have wrinkles.
- Really? Ok then.)
- After all the cards have been sold, put students into pairs again and have them think as if they were in a relationship with that person they’ve just bought (all these appearance cards make a person altogether). In pairs SS describe their just bought partners to each other).