This is a series of :
- 3 reading comprehension sheets, of relatively the same level of difficulty.
- 1 sheet for taking notes.
It is aimed for GROUP WORK.
0. I introduce the topic progressively showing the image on the notes sheet. I engage students to explain the photo, saying that this is a stereotype ("Yes, in Australia there are kangaroos, BUT...");
1. I split students in small groups, and they work on different topics;
2. on the second lesson, after I've marked their work, they 1) get some sentences ready and 2) present their work to the class, who takes notes.
During the presentation, as the class is taking notes, I tend to ask only one person to speak per group, one to write difficult words on demand, and a third one to check the information being given.