This is a board game about Comparative adjectives VS Superlative adjectives.
ABOUT THE GAME:
- Have students in teams no more than 4 people in order to optimize results.
- Hand the board game to each team and a dice.
- Once students have their material, they need to decide turns (they can play tic tac toe, with a coin, or rock, scissor and paper game).
- Everyone must be where it says Start.
- First person has to throw the dice. If he/she gets 6, he/she will have to go on six spaces. This person will have to create a correct sentence either with Comparative or Superlative adjectives according to the square.
ABOUT THE PICTURES / SENTENCES:
Some of the spaces have a picture and some others have an adjective.
For those who have a picture. Students will have to identify the kind of sentences they have to say, either Comparative or Superlative. They will know the answer for the number of people, or objects in the picture (2 people/things = Comparative; 1 person/thing or more than 2 people/things = Superlative).
Once they have identified the kind of sentence, the students have to say it to the partners. If the sentence is correct, he/she will stay, otherwise, the student will have to go back to the previous space.
For those who have an adjective written, students will have to create a free sentence (Comparative or Superlative) but using the adjective on the space. If the sentence is correct, he/she will stay, otherwise the student will have to go back to the previous space.