This can be a quick warmup activity in 2x3 minutes or you can devote more time to it if it fits your lesson aims, since it is an activity that sparks students' imagination and is guaranteed to keep them engaged.
Recommended for highschool students and adults, as the activity presupposes ability for abstract thought and working with symbols.
How to do this warmer activity:
1. Put students in pairs, then tell them about the activity: "You’re going to act out psychologist and client. The client is supposed to tell the the psychologist about his/her dream. You will interpret the dream together. You will take turns in being the psychologist and the client."
2. The psychologists need to close their eyes. You then show the clients one of the three “dream scenes”.
3. Next, they should describe the dream to their partners by adding some more events to the dream scene depicted in the photo.
4. Finally, they should interpret the dream and the symbols in it together.
1. You can check the meaning of the various symbols in the dream scenes and discuss it with students:
Upload date: 2017-03-27 10:34:25