This is something that I modified from one of the activities we did in a summer camp. So, it isn't my idea. No idea who thought of it but we used it in three different camps. Whoever you are, thanks! This activity works pretty well.
1. Cut out the ingredients out. Divide the class into small groups of 3 to 5 people.
2. Give about 8 to 10 ingredients to each group and tell them they already have salt, pepper water and basic cooking oil.
3. Tell them to invent a recipe and write it out between them.
4. Go over the vocabulary bank with them first.
5. Once they finish, each group presents their recipe to the rest of the class.