ESL / EFL teacher
6-10 years , 11-14 years , 15-18 years
- Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
- Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
- Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
- Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
- Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
- Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
Not available this Spring?
Consider applying to work this summer or autumn! 2019 summer/autumn recruitment is open in February!
We are currently hiring for the following start dates at American Village Camps
• March 07, 2019
• March 14, 2019
• March 21, 2019
• March 28, 2019
• April 19, 2019
• May 03, 2019
• May 10, 2019
• May 30, 2019
Location: One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
Spring Camps 2019 : near Gréoux-les-Bains, Cour-et-Buis, Azé, Joudes-Saint Amour, Miramont-de-Guyenne, Isigny-le-Buat, Vesc, Bauduen, Comprignac, Le Sappey en Chartreuse & Saint Félix de- Paillières
Summer Camps 2019 : near Gréoux-les-Bains, Vesc, Cour-et-Buis, Azé, Joudes-Saint Amour, Balan, Isigny-le-Buat, Miramont-de-Guyenne, Bauduen, Saint Félix de Paillières & Venansault
City Camps (only in July): Toulouse
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location (at camp), they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France - its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job.
It gives you experience
- Implementing lesson plans (2 hrs of ESL class, daily)
- Using ESL games
- Working with beginners
- Practicing TPR
- Perfecting your communication skills
- Meeting other ESL teachers
- Getting international work experience
All the while having fun with games and activities in English.
Min. 1 year
(camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience )
No degrees expected
(High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application)