ESL / EFL teacher
1:1 , 1-5
Work as employee
+ Did you know that according to CNN, Budapest is one of the world's best (2nd place) cities?
+ Lonely Planet rates Budapest as one of Europe's top travel destinations (also 2nd place).
+ And according to the European Backpacker Index 2014 Budapest is one of the most affordable cities in Europe.
+ Find out what the buzz is about! Whether it's Budapest's unique "ruin pubs", the Europe-leading "Sziget" music festival, or the world class A38 boat/concert venue Budapest is where it's happening.
What kind of courses are taught at Angol Intézet?
- Business English courses for working adults. Classroom size is kept small (3-6 students) to afford individual attention and maximum opportunity for communication. The focus of our business English courses is to help students communicate successfully and with confidence in situations related to work in business, i.e. business English, general English, targeted preparation for job interviews, presentations and negotiations, and language exam preparation. Courses take place in our modern, high-level language centres in Buda and Pest and on-site at companies in Budapest.
- On-site courses at companies in Budapest. Here too, group size is capped at six students to ensure effective instruction for all students.
- Individual courses (1:1) are also available to suit a wide range of needs and interest. 1:1 classes can be business related or general. Course content and topics are tailored to match students goals.
We hold regular meetings and seminars to promote professional development. Also, as we are a growing organization, there are plenty of opportunities for teachers who want to to get involved in special projects.
In addition to teaching, members of the team have also made important contributions in the form of:
-Hosting weekly business English Meetups
-Developing course lesson plans and curriculums
-Mentoring new teachers
-Developing and conducting induction
-Launching new programs
-Influencing what and how we teach based on their feedback
As we are expanding in size and with regards to our course offerings, in addition to our flagship business English and in-company courses, teachers, if interested, will also have the opportunity to teach IELTS preparation, young learners, and general English.
Think you’d be a good fit to teach English in Hungary?
- Our teaching team – We have experienced, native level English teachers with a passion to see their students develop, and the support to reach their full potential.
- Our students – We teach premium clientele looking to improve their English for work and business, as well as general English for adults, and young learners.
- Our locations – We have several locations in Budapest and all boast top quality facilities and assistance.
- Our benefits – We offer competitive rates, professional guidance, assistance with accommodation and partial flight compensation.
- two to three years of English teaching experience,
- experience teaching business English,
- experience and willingness to teach learners of a wide range of levels (A2-C1),
- experience teaching young learners,
- experience in exam preparation for internationally recognized language exams such as IELTS and Cambridge,
- experience living or working abroad,
- basic knowledge of and/or experience in business,
- openness to technology and news ways of teaching,
- basic awareness of news, trends, and current events.
Budapest, Széchenyi István tér 7, 1051 Hungary
Min. 2 years
(preferably at least two to three years of experience teaching English as a foreign language)
BA in any subject + Any accredited 100+ hour English teaching certif.
(internationally recognized ESL teaching qualification required (Cambridge CELTA, Trinity TESOL preferred))