ESL / EFL teacher
6-10 years , 11-14 years , 15-18 years
Work as employee
In addition to being a member of IHWO, the school is also an AISLi member and a Cambridge Assessment English Centre which was awarded the prestigious “Platinum” status several years ago. Our teacher training department is constantly expanding and we have been a CELTA centre since June.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
* Work in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and
ages to help you broaden your experience.
* Learn from supportive, motivated peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 21, including
a 5-person academic management team, whose pedagogical experience is wide and varied)
* Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions. (On
our Facebook page you can find details of our most recent training sessions with leading
names in ELT such as Adrian Underhill. We were also delighted to be the hosts of the
IH YL Conference March 2018)
* Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
* Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, designated YL rooms,
Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library. Laptops and
audio equipment are also loaned to teachers for the duration of the contract.
* Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid induction period and free, weekly
Italian lessons (held on the school premises with a qualified teacher)
* In the event of the contract being renewed for the following year, there is the possibility to
attend the IH Certificate in teaching Young Learners and Teenagers or another relevant ELT
As most of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility and cultural sensitivity, so the ability to deal with changes and diversity in a positive manner is essential for this role. Where offsite courses are not within reasonable walking distance (10-15 mins) of the school, teachers are accompanied from, and back to, school by car. Travelling time is counted as working hours.
End Date: 20 June 2020
Reggio Calabria, Province of Reggio Calabria, Italy
0 years (beginners, too)
Any accredited 100+ hour English teaching certif.