ESL / EFL teacher
6-10 years , 11-14 years , 15-18 years , 18+ years
Work as employee
The British School of Verona is looking for full time teachers for the academic year 2018-2019 to start in January 2019 . We are looking for qualified and experienced teachers to teach children, teenagers and adults at all levels. Our courses take place on our own school premises and off-site in state schools and companies.
Familiarity with CEFR levels and Cambridge English exams is essential. Experience as a Cambridge speaking examiner would be an advantage, but the school provides training for teachers who have more than three years experience.
The position involves:
- an average of 25 teaching hours per week
- lessons between the hours of 9am 10pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday mornings from 9am-1pm.
- course administration e.g. report writing and completing registers; attending teachers meetings
- teaching on and off site
Teachers at the British School of Verona will benefit from:
- constant support from experienced academic staff (DoS, Senior Teachers)
- in-house training e.g. workshops, seminars and sharing sessions
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers
- help finding accommodation and dealing with Italian bureaucracy
- CELTA or equivalent
- European driving licence
- minimum 2 years experience
- native level speaker of English
- experience teaching young learners and exam preparation courses
- EU citizenship is required by Italian employment law
Verona, VR, Italy
Min. 2 years
Bachelor degree (BA) in a relevant subject + Any accredited 100+ hour English teaching certif.