Center Manager / Director
Work as employee
Branch Manager – Chiang Mai (THA-NT-1847-2)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT/TEAM
British Council Thailand is one of the biggest in the British Council’s global network with thousands of adult and young learner students studying with us. Our main office is based in Siam Square, Bangkok with locations spread out across the Bangkok metropolitan area and around Chiang Mai. Our customers engage with us face-to-face, online, through email and via the phone. Our Sales & Customer Management team provides a high quality and efficient customer service experience to all new and existing customers across all British Council services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND WHY
Working with both our customers and with your internal colleagues at British Council, you will need:
• To significantly increase sales and boost the growth of the Teaching Centre Business in Thailand.
• To motivate and build a highly performing team and embed a results-orientated sales and customer management culture in the organisation.
• To motivate the SCM team and to foster good team spirit, delivering a high quality, efficient and integrated customer service experience.
• To oversee the daily operations of the branch. To ensure the Sales and Customer Management team of the Branch meets and exceeds the sales and service targets and KPIs
• To contribute to the formation of business strategy as a key member of the Teaching Centre Management Team;
• To work closely with Head of SCM to ensure the branch the post holder manages and other branches share the same best Practice and standards
WHAT IS INTERESTING ABOUT IT
You can take pride in the fact that you will be working as a part of worldwide leading organization in English learning field. You will also be able to join regular professional development, training and skills programmes to develop your experience and skills.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You must have an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5 years managerial experience in leading a B2C sales team, preferably in the education service industry. Customer management experience, including complaint handling is essential for this role. You should have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and be fluent in Thai.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
- 9.03 % of Provident Fund contribution from the Employer (after completing a probation)
- Medical Insurance and Corporate Medical Excess Claim
- Enjoy 22 days of Annual leave
- One month fixed Year-end bonus
- Professional development opportunities
- Eligible for sales incentive after passing probation
For more information please see Role profile and British Council Generic Behaviours.
This is an interesting, absorbing role where you can work to support us building awareness of the British Council in delivering to the needs of our customers.
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
All staff worldwide is required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council is a full member of Keeping Children Safe (KCS) and has achieved level 1 child safe certification. We believe that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989 and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks including criminal record checks, in line with legal requirements.
Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Min. 5 years
(managerial experience in leading a B2C sales team, preferably in the education service industry)
BA in any subject