ESL / EFL teacher
15-18 years , 18+ years
Work as employee
Classes include all levels and exams; adults and some under 18 yrs old students.
Although ISE Brighton normally provides courses for adults, our minimum student age in group classes is 16 years old. Furthermore, we occasionally accept bookings for private classes for under 18 year old students. Because of this, a number of statutory requirements apply.
1. We must inform you that references will be taken up before a final offer of employment can be made.
2. You will need (at interview or as soon as possible afterwards) to bring proof of your identity.
3. You will need (at interview or as soon as possible afterwards) to bring the originals of your academic qualifications.
4. You are asked to supply a C.V. and to explain any periods of time that are not accounted for on it.
5. We will, when making reference requests, specifically ask whether there is any reason known to the referee why you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for or substantial access to persons under 18.
6. We will inform you that an appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate is required prior to confirmation of employment.
7. Any offer of employment is conditional on the satisfactory receipt of references, DBS return and acceptance of and compliance with all school policies and procedures. ISE reserve the right to withdraw and offer of employment, or terminate any contract of employment, with immediate effect should any of these items fall below the standards required by the school, at the absolute discretion of the Directors.
(Native level teachers much preferred, though if you are a non-native but exceptional teacher your application is also welcome.)
Min. 1 year
BA in any subject