6-10 years , 11-14 years , 15-18 years
Work as employee
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and supervise a variety of excursions and activities; making them interesting and educational, ensuring all safeguarding and welfare requirements are fulfilled.
• Assist with Meet & Greet service for arriving students and see off departing students at a designated location
• Handle a company mobile phone whilst delivering duties.
• Assist in the preparation of day, evening and weekend activities and excursions.
• Ensure safeguarding and health & safety policies are always adhered to.
• Be the face of the company ensuring students behavior is maintained on all activities and excursions.
• Provide the best possible language learning experience, through excellent customer service.
• Work as part of the school team.
• Attend and participate in team meetings as necessary.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Other duties may include assisting the Accommodation Department with Student House weekend check-ins, and evening front desk reception duties.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to respond to last minute changes
• Willingness to take on new challenges, possibly outside own ‘comfort zone’
• Able to ‘think on own feet’ and manage the unexpected
• Understands that the needs of the school may require flexible, mutually understood approaches to work
• Responds to customer requests promptly
• Treats all customers with respect
• Does not assume the needs of customers
• Can see things from customers’ points of view
• Check with customers to ensure satisfaction
• Knows how to manage customer expectations and inform customer clearly on this
• Understands own strengths and weaknesses
• Can recognise how own feelings and emotions may impact on others
• Accepts feedback as constructive and is not defensive
• Understands expectations of others
Analytical & Problem Solving
• Is disciplined and organised
• Able to deal with large amounts of data and make sense of it
• Has a measured and organised approach to solving problems
• Breaks down large amounts of work into smaller, manageable parts
• Is quick and effective at processing information
• Is open to new ideas and differences and shows willingness in understanding of own and other cultures
• Recognises the need for flexibility and sensitivity in dealing with cross-cultural issues.
• Adapts behaviour to context and culture of people communicating with
• Uses experience to improve self-awareness and increase own cultural knowledge
• Judges situation based on a good knowledge of a range of cultures
Hours of Work: Variable - a variety of working hours
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday: mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
Contract Type: Zero Hour
Department: Student Services
Employment Type: Casual Worker
0 years (beginners, too)
(Previous experience working with children and/or teenagers.)
BA in any subject