ESL / EFL teacher
11-14 years , 15-18 years , 18+ years
• Deliver high quality classes and courses
• Use TLG designed materials to teach classes when appropriate (and available)
• Assist with inspections and accreditations, and provide student results to key stakeholders as and when required
• Maintain and update high quality class materials
• Comply with quality standards and processes
• Follow our syllabus. Prepare and teach classes in the communicative pedagogical style favoured by TLG, as detailed in the teachers’ handbook
• Complete all class plans, records, registers, student tutorials and other associated class and student documentation to a high standard as required
• Ensure that all TLG policies including TLG Health & Safety, Safeguarding, PREVENT, our Code of Conduct and U18s policies are adhered to and that any necessary training is undertaken
• Prepare any outings thoroughly with an up-to-date risk assessment. Ensure outings are linguistically meaningful
• Full preparation for the delivery of the class should be undertaken prior to delivery
Responsibility, Planning and Organisation:
• Contribute to the support and guidance of new members of staff on standard information and procedures
• Ensure homework and written work is marked and returned to students within 3 days
• Integrate use of the TLG online learning platform as homework or in class and promote the weekly Smart Learning activities to eligible students
• Attend staff meetings as arranged by the Academic Managers
• Be considerate to and respect your colleagues and make sure school property is upheld at all times
Quality Assurance & Service Provision:
• Take a keen interest in their own professional development and remain up to date with industry trends and attend 3 CDP sessions every 3 months.
• Agree to scheduled quality assurance, development spot and peer observations as deemed necessary by the Academic Managers
• Use self-assessment tools provided to reflect on own performance during the observation process
• Good classroom management skills
• Good linguistic awareness
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to a variety of groups at a variety of levels.
• Excellent and relevant subject knowledge, communicative teaching methodologies and CEFR
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Solid IT skills
• Clear understanding of cross-cultural issues that may affect classroom interaction.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
TLG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
At least 2 years’ experience
DELTA or Trinity Dip (or working towards)
Min. 1 year
Bachelor degree (BA) in a relevant subject + Any accredited 100+ hour English teaching certif.