1) What is the problem with gum? (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
2) How can you be a good friend? (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
3) What should you do when you see a student bullying another one? (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
4) Keeping your hands to yourself means ... (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
5) Not disrupting means ... (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
6) How can you be supportive in your group? (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
7) Asking for help when you need it means ... (MARK ALL RIGHT ANSWERS.)
1. WARMER DISCUSSION: You can begin by asking students what classroom rules they suggest.
2. PRE-TEACH VOCABULARY: Because of the numerous options provided with the questions, you may want to pre-teach some of the more difficult words to your students before watching the clip and doing the quiz, especially if you're using the lesson below B1 level. Alternatively, to reduce the workload created by the vocabulary, you may also choose to reduce the number of options. If so, you can use them later by asking students to match each unused option with one of the class rules.
1. DISCUSSION: You can compare the suggestions the students made in the beginning with the ones in the video. Was any of the suggestions included in the video?
2. DRAW & MAKE A POSTER: Put students in pairs and have each pair draw a different class rule featuring Minions (or any other theme, if you wish). You can make a collage of the drawings and hang it up as a classroom poster.
3. USE REALIA: The next class, as a reminder, you can bring some tangible objects (possibly, making references to the minion skits) and let students guess which rule they refer to. For example, a chewing gum ("No gum"), an umbrella ("Be a good friend"), a remote control ("Always follow instructions of the teacher"), a party wig ("Don't tease or bully each other"), a glass of water ("Don't waste time when you leave the room"), box gloves ("Keep your hands to yourself"), a rubber pig that makes a squeak when squeezed - a toy for dogs ("Respect other learners by not disrupting"), a party whistle ("Be supportive when working in groups"), a cell phone ("Keep cellphones turned off in backpacks"), a light bulb ("Ask for help when you need it")
1. Which was your favorite Minion skit?
2. Is there any rule that you do not agree with?
3. Which is the most important rule to make us a happy class?
4. Are there any other rules (not mentioned in the video) that we should have?
5. Why is it important to agree on the rules at the beginning of the school year?
6. What should happen when someone breaks any of the rules? Should we consider breaking any and each of the rules an equally serious problem?
Please login or register to write comments!