- Video lessons
- Crime Rate of the UK vs the USA
The Video Lesson Player is known to have issues in Internet Explorer. Please consider using another browser.
Click on this message to dismiss it.
Crime Rate of the UK vs the USA
September 06, 2017
- 2 faves
- 7 copies
Task description & scene summary
Listening comprehension about kinds of crime, crime rates in Britain and the USA, their comparison
Comparison of crime rates in the UK and the USA. Numbers, phrasal verbs, crime vocabulary.
Basic listening comprehension - Hearing check ("Can you make out the words being said?")
iSLCollective Copyright License
2017-09-06, 11:44:01 (GMT+1)
Video quiz questions (printable)
1) Whether the "lack of guns" policy decreased the crime rate in Britain comparing to the USA rates.
2) USA government defines a violent crime as
murder, forgery, rape, robbery, burglary,assault
murder, manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault
burglary, manslaughter, fraud, robbery, aggressive vandalism
3) British definition of a violent crime includes:
any crime against the person;
only robberies and sexual offences
4) What is the appoximate crime rate in Britain?
2 times higher than 786 violent crimes per 100 000 people
343 violent crimes per 100 000 people
776 violent crimes per 100 000 people
5) The US rates are
2 times less than British
2 times higher than British
6) According to government
the less handguns the more saved children
abrogation of a handgun ban will rise the number of assault rifles violence
- to break down: to divide into parts
- to pin down: to define precisely
- abrogation: invalidation of law
- handgun ban: prohibition of handguns
- assault rifles: the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically (RUS_штурмовая винтовка)