Using screenshots to predict content - How to teach English using videos EP03
In this episode we will be showing you how screenshots taken from a video can be used to generate interest and get students to predict the content. Checking their ideas against what they later hear and see in the video can also function as a great first listening task.
We’re using two amazing short videos in the tutorial, both of which we found at Kieran Donaghy's popular Film English site: Fear of Flying and 5 things every presenter needs to know about people . Also download this and this accompanying worksheet we've made. :)
Anna Csíky, iSLCollective Teacher Trainer
Do you have 1 minute for us? We are doing a quick survey to better understand your use of videos in class, and take advantage of this insight in developing our video quiz solution. Thank you for filling out this short form.
Peter Laszlo, iSLCollective co-founder
TRAIN WITH KIERAN DONAGHY IN BARCELONA
Great news: Kieran Donaghy is doing his popular 20-hour Film and Video in Language Teaching course again in Barcelona in 2019. Places are limited so apply now. When you apply, make sure to redeem your special 5% discount - a gift from Kieran for iSLCollective users - just mention the secret code "ISLCOLLECTIVE".
I can highly recommend his training based on my first-hand experience: I took the 5-day course in gorgeous Barcelona 2 years ago. It was truly a treasure trove of practical ideas that enriched my way of teaching a great deal. It was also very refreshing to enjoy a holiday in this amazing city while learning. Apply quick: First come, first served! / Peter Laszlo, iSLCollective Co-founder
1) These creatures will serve us... Which tense is the verb?
2) Give the infinitive form of ... are ?
3) The routine was to make cats look...? complete the sentence.
4) which noun is in plural?
6) The cute kitty is purring. Which tense is the verb?
7) When dogs were smart... Which tense is the verb?
8) What does the dog want to do?
9) The dog followed. Rewrite the sentence in the negative form.
10) What does the password mean?
11) Write in the negative form. The dog was smart.
12) Write the sentence in the affirmative form. We did not have a problem.
14) After the cats programmed the dog, he was ....?
Please login or register to write comments!