Video quiz details
Full Lesson (Vocab, Pre and While Tasks, Discussion Questions included). Students Respond to Questions about the 6 main ways journalist and BrightTrip company executive Johnny Harris thinks travel will change after the pandemic
Johnny Harris discusses the 6 main ways he thinks the pandemic will forever change travel
13 minutes 30 seconds
Lectures (e.g. TED talks)
Other pedagogical goals
The above lesson is a great teaching resource for:Upper-intermediate (B2), Advanced (C1), Proficient (C2)
Quality not yet verified by the community.
This resource does not contain any images, words or ideas that would upset a reasonable person in any culture.
future, travel, tourism, industries, trips, vacations, pandemics, lockdowns, covid, 19, corona, virus, changes, holidays, trips, current, events, health, locks, downs, viruses, healthy, safe, sa
1. Students learn vocabulary here: https://quizlet.com/_96lzcl?x=1jqt&i=g2v51
2. Prediction: Students in which order he will talk about the following changes: Sustainability, Slow-Pace, Focus on Locals, Health, Isolated Travel, Domestic Travel, Healthy Travel
3. Gist: Student watch whole video on Youtube to check if their order was correct
4. Students Preview the During-Listening Questions and predict what they think the answers will be, then check while watching the whole video a second time
1. Students Discuss Discussion Questions
1. What jobs in travel do you know have been lost during the pandemic? Based on the video, what jobs in travel do you think will surge or "replace" these lost jobs after it?
2. How has Covid 19 Impacted the way you think about travel? How is it different or similar to the changes he mentions in the video?
3. Do you agree with all of Harris's hypotheses on how the pandemic will change travel? Why or why not?
4. What health precautions do you think travel entities such as tourism boards, airlines, hotels etc should take to prevent the spread of disease?
5. Which destinations do domestic travelers often travel to in your country? Which interest you the most? Why?
6. Is over tourism a problem in your country? What measures do you think can be taken to solve it around the world?
7. Which do you think is worse for a the world? Too much travel/tourism or not enough? Why?
8. If you could only choose one, would you rather live in a place that was overpopulated with many crowds of people or a place that was too isolated?
9. When you travel, do you prefer to focus more on visiting touristic sites or learning about the local culture? Why?
10. What are some ways you think travel could become more environmentally sustainable?
11. If given the option, would you prefer to work remotely or in person after the pandemic?
12. After watching the video, do you feel more optimistic, pessimistic or the same about the future of travel? Why?