Students will be able to listen for specific information by focused listening.
1. Tell students that they are going to watch a sci-fi trailer about robots.
2. Remind students they have to be very attentive as they listen and watch.
3. Students respond to question tags as they watch along.
4. Students work on the discussion topics.
5. Review the new vocabulary items from the trailer.
I, Robot (stylized as i,robot) is a 2004 American science fiction action film directed by Alex Proyas. The screenplay by Jeff Vintar and Akiva Goldsman is from a screen story by Vintar, suggested by Isaac Asimov's short-story collection of the same name. The film stars Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan, Bruce Greenwood, James Cromwell, Chi McBride and Alan Tudyk.
I, Robot was released in North America on July 16, 2004, in Australia on July 22, 2004, in the United Kingdom on August 6, 2004 and in other countries between July 2004 to October 2004. Produced with a budget of $120 million, the film grossed $144 million domestically and $202 million in foreign markets for a worldwide total of $346 million. It received mixed reviews from critics, with praise for the visual effects and acting but criticism of the plot. At the 77th Academy Awards, the film was nominated for Best Visual Effects.
Quality not yet verified by the community.
This resource does not contain any images, words or ideas that would upset a reasonable person in any culture.