AUTOQUIZ: GENERATE VIDEO QUIZZES IN 1 CLICK
We made creating video quizzes so much easier for you! Take any video that has a human-created subtitle, pick one of 100+ grammar topics & create a quiz in minutes.
Soon you can also use videos that have "autogenerated" subtitles, that is basically all English language videos on Youtube!
Send your feedback to info[at]islcollective[dot]com. We'd love to hear from you.
Peter Laszlo, co-founder
KIERAN DONAGHY ABOUT ISLCOLLECTIVE VIDEO QUIZZES:
"iSLCollective Interactive Video Quizzes are highly engaging and motivating multimodal texts for English language students to learn vocabulary and improve their listening skills. They are the perfect complement to the creative and innovative lesson plans on Film English."
Creator of FilmEnglish.com, a site with hundreds of high quality, free ESL/EFL lesson plans created around short films
1) Use "should have + V3" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to do (wiser than ramming into the closed door).
2) Use "should have + V3" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done (a missed opportunity).
3) Use "should" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done (a missed opportunity).
4) Use "should" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done.
5) Use "should" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done.
6) Use "should" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done.
7) Use "should" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done.
8) Use "should" in a sentence to describe a wiser thing to have done.
1. First, watch the video in whole. Tell students that they're gonna see dumb criminals in action.
2. Let students brainstorm various types of crimes. Let them guess which crime they will see in the short film.
1. DISCUSSION: Let the class discuss the discussion questions in pairs. After the pairwork, get some of the students share with the whole class.
2. WRITING or ROLE PLAY: Have the swat team leader explain to his superior(s) (=bosses) why they failed to capture the other robber. It can either be a role play or a writing task.
3. VOCABULARY BOOSTING: You can have students fill in the blanks in this worksheet: https://en.islcollective.com/resources/printables/worksheets_doc_docx/grocery_store_robbery_-_fill_in_the_blanks/crime-law-and/100353 It's a newsflash about the grocery store robbery.
4. WRITING: Use the worksheet above or this story (article + video: http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/252439818-story ) to provide an example of a newsflash about a robbery. Then get students to write a similar newsflash about the robbery seen in the short film. Encourage them to borrow as many phrases from the newsflash as they wish.
5. DO ANOTHER VIDEO QUIZ: should have + V3 practice: https://en.islcollective.com/video-lessons/deuspi-dumb-robbers-should-have-v3-practice
6. DO ANOTHER VIDEO QUIZ: memory game: https://en.islcollective.com/video-lessons/deuspi-two-dumb-robbers-memory-game
1. Have you heard stories about dumb criminals in the news?
2. How safe is your neighborhood? Have you heard about any incidents lately?
3. How often do you see police on the street where you live?
Please login or register to write comments!