Starting today, we’re launching a new video series: every month, we’ll be featuring a video quiz created by an iSLCollective user, and walking you through what makes it really cool and how we would use it in class. The first featured quiz is on reflexive pronouns, based on a hidden camera video about a prank where a school girl is asking passers-by to help her lift buckets full of coins.
TRAIN WITH KIERAN DONAGHY IN BARCELONA
Great news: Kieran Donaghy is doing his popular 20-hour Film and Video in Language Teaching course again in Barcelona in 2019. Places are limited so apply now. When you apply, make sure to redeem your special 5% discount - a gift from Kieran for iSLCollective users - just mention the secret code "ISLCOLLECTIVE".
I can highly recommend his training based on my first-hand experience: I took the 5-day course in gorgeous Barcelona 2 years ago. It was truly a treasure trove of practical ideas that enriched my way of teaching a great deal. It was also very refreshing to enjoy a holiday in this amazing city while learning. Apply quick: First come, first served! / Peter Laszlo, iSLCollective Co-founder
1) She ... the first slice when somebody ... on the door.
2) While she ... in the chair, she ... the parcel.
3) She ... the parcel, then she ... a vinyl record.
4) She ... the record, then she ...
5) The music ... when she suddenly ... it.
6) As she ... the music, the pizza ...
7) She ... her belly, then she ... of her baby.
8) After she ... the record, she ... a mom.
9) When she ... the record player again, she ... a little girl.
10) As she ... to the record player, the song ...
1. Tell students that they are going to watch an animated short featuring a magical vinyl record.
2. Tell them that you are going to use the video to practice using the past simple and past continuous tenses in this video quiz.
1. Highly recommended: Kieran Donaghy's comprehensive film lesson: http://film-english.com/2018/01/03/a-single-life/
Please login or register to write comments!