Using this technique I finally managed to explain the difference in present tenses to my students.
1. Reading the text in the classroom.
2. Looking for PS/PC indicators (like: often, every day now, at the moment).
3. Colouring the verbs - different colours for PS/PC.
4. Circling the right answers.
5. Students compare their answers with the frist sheet on their own (they love it!).
6. Reading the text to check if everyone corrected their mistakes.
7. Students fill the gaps using their memory and grammar knowledge.
8. Their homework s to simply read the text at home, at least 5 times
9. The teacher starts the next lessons with a quiz (sheet 2 or 3).
Other pedagogical goals
The above lesson is a great teaching resource for:Elementary (A1), Pre-intermediate (A2)
Solutions not included
Quality not yet verified by the community.
This resource does not contain any images, words or ideas that would upset a reasonable person in any culture.
This resource is licensed by panikinga
under the iSLCollective Copyright License