Mulan Soundtrack: Language & Discussion
- 2 lyrics from Mulan's Soundtrack
- activity part
The songs are Honor to us all and A girl worth fighting for
which represent the value and gender role of the people in historical China (Mulan's background).
This work sheet means to teach English language through the songs and story as well as critical thinking on the topic of gender role. Students are not required to watch the movie.
This is how I conduct the class. There can be many other better ways though.
1. Show the lyric video* (Find the attached links below) and explain the context as necessary.
2. Let the students read, explore the meaning and vocab (partly from searching, partly from guessing.)
3. Watch again (with understanding)
4. Discussion (Simile/metaphor, gender role, cultural elements)
My apology for any mistake in the worksheet or the poorly formed question. If you have any comment or suggestion, please know that I really appreciate it. :-)
Honor to us all:
A girl worth fighting for: