This worksheet / lesson plan (90-120 mins) is based on the classic Cinderella fairy tale. The students review all the forms of past simple while practicing their listening, reading, writing and speaking skills.
1. Students write down the past simple verbs they hear as the story is dictated.
2. Students read the story and check the verbs
3. Students form groups and complete a grammar table for the past simple affirmative, negative and interrogative forms of be verb, regular verbs and irregular verbs.
4. Students also populate a table with the present simple and past simple forms of the verbs in the story, categorizing them into be verb, regular or irregular.
5. Each student practices writing these structures for a particular paragraph in the story.
6. The written sentences are then handed to the teacher who conducts a fun quiz competition.